Monday, June 10, 2019

Training 6/10-6/16

-Totaled 25 miles on the vacation week.  Locations included Stanley Park in Vancouver, Cannon Beach in Oregon and Myrtle Edwards Park in Seattle.

-Finished the RnR Seattle half in 1:57:57, which was just about in line with my expectations.  More details will come later.

6/10- Planned rest day.  Took an overnight layover in Denver and finally got to drive the full Trail Ridge Road.  Back in Birmingham now and should get back into the routine by tomorrow.

6/11- Lakeshore 4 in a solid 31:44 (7:56 pace).  Encouraged by how I felt.  Good leg and lung power.  1st half was 15:44 then slowed to 16-flat on the back half but that was by design.  I was actually holding back to hit the splits.
Distance=4.0

6/12- Unplanned rest day.  The moly arrived today so I decided to try it along with the methyl to see if it would control the sulfur.  BAD call.  It knocked me out and I had to take a nap when I got home.  Moly may not have helped but it didn't hurt.  The methyl folate was a DISASTER.  I'll be better tomorrow and I won't try this again for a while.

6/13-AM- No pills- 4:09 (12:27 pace)
4 CBS/NOS caps- 3:43 (11:09 pace)  MINUS 78
Less than 20 seconds per pill.  Not a night and day difference.  It's good news that I am likely getting better without CBS/NOS but the methyl was a DISASTER!

PM- 3 miles on Canterbury in 26:54 (8:58 pace).  Getting better.  I figured that methyl would cause me to slip to 25-26 for 3 miles and I'd be back to normal today.  Instead, it left me bedridden.  Good news when I got home.  I took a Taurine pill and still managed a 2:59 lap, which is the same pace I ran the workout.
Distance=4.0

6/14- As has been my history as of late, a pill that knocked me out two days earlier has now become a necessity.  I could not function at all without methyl folate today.  With it, I wasn't much better.
2 miles on Lakeshore in 19:11 (9:35 pace) with a significant fade on the back half.  I do expect to be better tomorrow.
Distance=2,0

6/15- 4 mile Trak Shak loop in 38:08 (9:32 pace).  Marginally faster over double the distance and was able to pick up the pace at the end.  An improvement over yesterday but I hoped for better than this.  Tried to add back the Sarcosine and it knocked my out.  I'll be worthless tomorrow too.
Distance=4.0

6/16- AM- The need for methyl folate remains VERY STRONG!  I managed only a 3:50 lap at Montreat without it (11:30 pace) but improved to a 2:51 with it (8:33 pace) plus a cool.

PM- I expected the need for Sarcosine to kick in but I expected it to happen at the very end of the day today if not tomorrow morning.  Again, I was knocked out this afternoon.  Woke up in the evening and barely broke 4:00 for 1 lap but once again, I was MUCH BETTER after taking just 1 scoop of Sarcosine.  Improved all the way to 2:57, or fully THREE MINUTES FASTER PER MILE!  I know the drill.  The gaps in performance will eventually decrease and by the end of the week next week, I'll be able to get by even with a missed dose.
Distance=2.0

-Measly 16 miles on the week, which just won't cut it.  I have re-introduced all the pills that I had been taking before except for DIM and Maca.  I'll try to re-introduce those 2 as well.  I may have a similar reaction but sincerely hope that they will be non-factors.
-YTD- 541

No comments: