Monday, December 2, 2019

Training 12/1-12/8

12/1- I drank 24 oz of beer on Thanksgiving and 24 oz of sugared drinks on Saturday.  I kinda had to in order to be social on Thanksgiving and I had to drive late on Saturday.  That's hardly a binge but I still relapsed.  ZERO tolerance to anything but water.  It seems that the caffeine intolerance would not be nearly as severe if I wasn't taking TRS.  At any rate, I hoped to run 6.5 on Lakeshore this morning but had to settle for 1 in a blazing time of 11:20.

12/2- Day 1- AM- Dreaded interval workout.  3x l lap at Montreat.  With no TRS, I managed a 3:31.  Took 5 sprays and improved to 3:07.  5 more sprays left me slightly worse with a 3:14.  Overall time was 9:52.

PM- 2 miles at Gold's in 18:40 (9:20 pace).  Started off with 5 sprays and came through the Mile in 9:11.  Took 5 more and slipped to a 9:29.  This is enough to be considered significant but just barely.  I could feel a difference but it was barely perceptible.  I suppose this is good news.  Taking less TRS will save money and although I will stick with the water only for 21 days, tolerance for forbidden drinks should improve when I take less TRS.  I will repeat this experiment at the end of the week but until then, it's down to 5 sprays twice a day.
Distance=3.0

12/3- Day 2 is often the worst and today was no exception.
AM- Montreat Mile in 10:56.
Began feeling better after noon.
PM- Montreat Mile in 8:40
Distance=2.0

12/4- Day 3.  AM- Improved to 8:13 for the Montreat Mile.
PM- Did NOT cheat on the forbidden drinks yet still relapsed.  It took my 5:18 to do a HALF mile at Gold's then quit.  The culprit was TRS! 

Reaction:
It seemed as though all the trouble that I had with caffeine wasn't really caffeine at all.  That's partially true.  I simply need to skip a dose or two of TRS every 7-10 days to give my system a rest.  TRS+ caffeine WILL be tolerated but beware of the withdrawal symptoms.  If I cheat for more than 2 days, I will still experience the withdrawals. 

I'm done blogging about running until further notice.  Nobody seems to care anyway.

No comments: