Monday, March 22, 2021

Training 3/22-3/28

 3/22-AM.  Opened with a 69.9 without any pills.  MUCH better than the 1:45.6 that I managed only 2 days ago.  When I was on the ADHS, I could barely break 2:00.  Declined to run the closer because I didn't want to hurt the real workout but figure the gap is down to about 2:00.  Still felt quite overstimulated but improved to a 20:23 for 2.5 miles on Lakeshore (8:09 pace).  Kept going for another .33 to hit 3 miles on the day.  Overall pace slipped by just 1 second to 8:10.  That's it for today.  Don't want to do too much after yesterday's 7.  I'll shoot for 5 tomorrow.

 Distance=3.0

3/23- 5 miles in 46:29 (9:18 pace).  A definite improvement over 2 days ago.  The same distance in 50 minutes left me utterly spent.  Today, the pace was very even (9:13-9:23) and though I'm sure I would have slipped in the last 2-3 miles, I bet I could have finished 10.  How I felt?  That's where it is a bit complicated.  Today, I was much less overstimulated.  If anything, I was a bit sluggish.  With ADHS, an overdose won't hurt because it is a modulator.  Thym-Adren is a suppressant so too much WILL hurt you.  Tomorrow, I will reduce the dose from 6 pills to 4.  I won't be surprised if I end up back on ADHS.  Ideally, I want to be able to go a few days without either of them.

Distance=5.0

3/24-AM. Things became more complicated yesterday evening.  The over-stimulation did kick in after not taking any further pills. It kicked in pretty hard too.  Nevertheless, I stuck with the plan to reduce the dosage in the morning from 6 pills to 4.  I'd call it a success.  I was over-stimulated but did 2.5 on Lakeshore in 19:43 (7:53 pace) plus a half mile cool.  First time all year that I've been able to hold sub-8 for this long.  Still, I faded on the back half (9:41-10:02) and without additional pills, I will really struggle in the evening.  Magic number is likely 5 pills in the morning and 5 in the evening but that will hopefully slowly decrease over time.  

PM- Got about what I expected.  No additional pills in the afternoon and I was crap.  Actually, I did okay in the sprint (59.1) but even after a full recovery, I could managed only an 18:30 for 2 miles (9:15 pace).  On the plus side, I did not fade.  I was 9:28 at the mile mark but came back with a less horrible 9:02.  This was done at Montreat.  No use going to the Shak.  

Distance=5.0

3/25- Planned rest day.  Predicted bad weather.  I expect that the dosage will slowly trend downward.  I'm in good shape to hit 25+ on the week.

AM- Once again, things have become more complicated.  Took advantage of a break in the weather to do junk intervals.  On 5 pills (yesterday's magic number), I was very sluggish.  Over 3 minutes for 1 laps at Montreat.  I suspected Vitamin C deficiency due to bleeding gums.  This has happened before after having to take mega doses of Thym-Adren and Vitamin C helped immensely.  It appears to have done the job again.  On a comfortable effort, I improved to 2:28 then a 6th Thym-Adren brought be down to 2:23 (7:09 pace).  Again, effort was comfortable and possibly sustainable for a couple of miles.  Once again, over-stimulation kicked in by the afternoon.  Someday, my need for Thym-Adren will diminish and when it does, the need for Vitamin C will also fade.  

Distance=1.0 

3/26- Ugh.  More changes.  I was sluggish today on 5 pills this morning.  Time of 21:14 for 2.5 miles (8:30 pace) is not horrible by today's standards.  Still, if I can run 7:53 on a good day, I ought to average about 8-flat and be no worse than 8:15.  I faded but did not collapse with splits of 10:24-10:50.  The aftermath further confused me.  At home, I opened with an 82 half lap and fared little better with an 80 on extra Vitamin C.  Not enough to be significant, which is what I was hoping for.  With extra Thym-Adren, I expected to fall apart and be over 90.  Nope.  I held it together with an 84.  

Distance=3.0

Reaction:

Thym-Adren dose is trending down with or without the Vitamin C.  The Vitamin C may help protect against disaster if I take too much, which is a good thing.

3/27- FAILURE!  1 mile in well over 10 minutes.  Cut the Thym-Adren down to 4 pills but it appears that it must be eliminated.  Extra Vitamin C provided no relief.

Distance=1.0

3/28- Perdido Key 2 mile in 17:08 (8:34 pace).  Switched back to ADHS.  I was sluggish but kept up a steady pace and could have gone longer.  Still not up for anything close to double digits.

Distance=2.0

-20 miles on the week.  YTD- 214


No comments: