Monday, October 17, 2022

Training 10/17-10/23

 10/17- Split decision this morning.  Did a lap at Montreat on no pills in a much less horrible 3:11 (9:33 pace).  With the pills, I improved only to a 2:56 (8:48 pace).  MINUS 45.  Pleased that I was less dependent on the pills, but the ceiling MUST be higher than this.  Caffeine withdrawal is the likely culprit.  Added another lap as a cool and did not even attempt an evening workout.  Should be better by tomorrow afternoon.

Distance=1.0

10/18- BAD!  I was beyond awful when I got up but did get a little better in the afternoon.  Workout was 1.5 miles in a robust 15:45 (10:30 pace).  OUCH.

Distance=1.5

10/19- 2.5 on Lakeshore in 23-flat (9:12 pace).  MUCH better than yesterday.  Can I keep it up?  Positive split for the 2nd straight day (11:18-11:42) but I still had some left.  Probably around 27:45 if I kept going for 3 miles.  That's still a long way from the Mendoza line.

Distance=2.5

10/20- 3 miles in 26:46 (8:55 pace). Positive split again but no impending collapse (13:08-13:38). Continue to improve.  However, it is often around this point of a cycle that I collapse.  It will be very interesting to see what happens this weekend.  I hope to finish 13 but of course, I'll have to walk/jog it.  

Distance=3.0

10/21- On no pills, I managed only a 10:19 for 1 mile.  If I had only run 1 lap, I'm probably similar to the 3:11 that I did on Monday.   I really hoped for better.  I figure that on the full dose, I am at least 2 minutes faster.  Not pleased that I am still this dependent.  I've got a long way to go to get this under control.  The only positive on this was the negative split (5:14-5:05) and I certainly could have gone further.

Distance=1.0

10/22- Hoped to go 13 but settled for 3 (walk/jog).  Time was 38:30 (12:50 pace).  I knew I was in trouble early when my jog pace was over 10 and it got worse later.  Still, I believe that if I had to, I could have finished 13.1 @ sub-16 pace to beat the time limit.  Culprit was Probiotics WITHOUT Taurine.  Extra Cytokine pills helped but did not knock out the issue.  Not pleased at all.  Another rant is coming.  Forget what I said yesterday about the pills making 2 minutes difference in a 1 Mile.  NO!  I would have struggled with the pills as it was.  

Distance=3.0

10/23- HATED interval workout but I had to test to see where I am.

No pills- 82 (8:12 pace)

Adrenals- 65 (6:30 pace)

MINUS 1:42.  Floor is rising but the gap is still very large.  

Probiotics-83 (8:18 pace)

Cytokines- 70 (7:00 pace)

The Probiotics wiped out all the gains from the adrenals.  I'm sure that I would have been worse if I had taken the Probiotics first.  I got most of it back with the Cytokines but I didn't feel it and if I had to go longer, it would have been ugly.  I bet it would have unraveled after 1-2 miles.  

Energy drink-70 (7:00)

Taurine pills-62 (6:12 pace)

A can of Rockstar with its Taurine content had NO effect at all but I saw significant gains with Taurine pills.  When it comes to Taurine and Probiotics, it's got to be both or neither.  Both is probably the best choice.  It can't be one or the other.  Cytokines will help if I screw up but I would probably have to take mega doses to knock out the reaction.  Perhaps someday, I will build up a reserve of Cytokines to prevent this from happening.  

Distance=1.0

-13 miles on the week


No comments: