Monday, October 24, 2022

Training 10/24-10/30

 10/24-AM

Opened with Taurine WITHOUT Probiotics OR Cytokines and struggled as expected.  Time was 99 for a half lap (9:54 pace).

With Probiotics but still without the Cytokines, I was all the way down to a 77 (7:42 pace), for a massive 22 second difference.  MINUS 2:12.  I figure that if I had taken the Taurine without Probiotics but with the Cytokines, the difference would have been 7-8 seconds (42-48/mile).  Still significant but not a night and day difference.  On the Cytokines, I dropped to a 70 (7:00 pace).  This was done without adrenal support so that is encouraging.  I did take the adrenal support before work.

PM- Lakeshore 2.5 in 21:12 (8:29 pace).  More than a minute better than last week.  I'll take it.  The rate of improvement has slowed but it continues.  Again, I faded in the back half (10:24-10:48).  If I had kept going for another half mile, I bet I am in the 25s.  Less than 2 minutes away from the Mendoza line.

Distance=3.0

10/25- AM.  Opened again with Taurine alone and improved to 94 for a half lap and kept going for a 10:27 Mile.  I'm actually mildly encouraged by that.  Even if I do everything wrong, I still like my chances to finish in Hawaii.  That said, I DO want to see that time improve down the road.  That's it for today.  Stormy evening.  Lately, I need 8-9 hours of sleep per night so that leaves little time for a morning workout.  Hmm.

Distance=1.0

10/26- 4 miles on Lakeshore in 36:24 (9:06 pace).  I'm pleased with this one.  Dialed back the effort and finished strong.  Mile 4 was 8:44 and though I did turn it up a bit, I was far from flat out.  This is sub-2 pace for a half mary so I am 1/3 of the way there.

Distance=4.0

10/27- AM- Repeated the Taurine alone and improved to a 9:20 for the Mile.  MASSIVE GAIN.  In truth, I was probably aided by taking both the previous evening.  I need to know what happens if I take neither for at least 24 hours.  If I go off both for several days, I bet it's real ugly.  Still, I've got to be pleased with this one.

PM- Tempo.  2 miles in 16:18 (8:09 pace).   This was a tick better than 2 days ago.  Not significant but steady and gradual.  Bad splits however.  7:56-8:22.  I don't think I had quite enough for a sub-16 with an even pace but I am close.  In truth, I badly wanted to see that sub-8 split even if it meant that I would fade in the back half.  I bet that I could have held it for 1.5 miles so I am halfway to the Mendoza line.

Distance=3.0

10/28- Planned rest day.  I did do 1 half lapper with Taurine alone and continue to improve.  Excellent news.

10/29- Double extension for 13 miles on Lakeshore.  Finished in 2:25:29 (11:11 pace).  With a 4:1 jog/walk ratio, my overall pace was around 11:30.  I did jog the last 2.5 and gradually increased the pace.  Mile 13 was my fastest of the day at 9:38.  The plan for Hawaii will be the same.  Word on the street is that there is a tough stretch in Mile 10-11.  In that case, I may make my move sooner but walk most of climbs to recover before bringing it home.  

Conditions today were near perfect (overcast, 55 degrees) and that won't be the case in Hawaii.  Given warm weather and a tough course, I can expect around 2:30 on race day, give or take a few minutes.  I really don't care either way.  Just as long as I am well below 3:30.

Distance=13.0

10/30- 1 mile junk run.  Just a shake out.  Ran it naked.  Legs are appropriately sore but not completely trashed.  Only ten days of training until I catch the flight.  I won't go longer than 5 and will take a couple of rest days.  Let the taper begin.

Distance=1.0

-25 miles on the week.  Made it through the week without a relapse.


No comments: