Friday, March 17, 2023

Training 3/13-3/26

 Here's the deal.  I need Probiotics and Apple Cider Vinegar to kill off the Candida infection.  I could not tolerate EITHER of them without the proper auto-immune treatment (Cytokine suppress).  The solution was right in front of me but I could not tolerate it until I addressed the auto-immune side.  The VERY stuff that was supposed to cure me?  Yet, because of the auto-immune issues, I could not tolerate the cure.  My reaction to it was intolerable.  THAT IS THE ULTIMATE IN CRUELTY!

3/13- Unplanned rest day.  I could not tolerate the Probiotics before.  Now, I have an insatiable need and cannot tolerate the Taurine, which I've learned can feed Candida.  Finished my forbidden drink at 8 PM.  No more for 21 days.  I had better be improving by that point.

3/14- AM Opened with a 4:48 lap at Montreat (14:24 pace).  That is my WORST showing on record.  I was actually faster with a sprained ankle.  On full adrenal and methylation support, I was only marginally better with a 4:46.  However, I did improve to a 3:53 (11:39 pace) on mega Probiotics.  That's still BAAAAUHD but it is a night and day difference (MINUS 2:45).  

PM- Took another Probiotic and improved to a 1:49 half lap then managed a 1:39 on Glutathione, which also supposedly helps kill Candida.

Distance=1.5

3/15- Unplanned rest day.  BRUTAL DIE OFF REACTION but I have not caved.  Day 2 is often the worst.  I've ordered Molybdenum to help with the die off.

3/16- Adrenal spike today but I still got out there and ran a Mile at Montreat.  Clocked a 12:24 but at least I made the full distance.  Splits were 6:09-6:15.

Distance=1.0

3/17- Repeated the Montreat Mile and my time is down to 10:35 with splits of 5:15-5:20.  I am now within 2:19 of a PR and I improved by 1:45 since yesterday.  At midnight, I will hit the 100 hour mark of drinking nothing but water.  It should get easier from this point on.  Why did I fail in the past?  The die off can make auto-immune symptoms worse.  Now, I have the proper treatment.

Distance=1.0

3/18- Not much better than yesterday but at least the need for Probiotics has diminished.  2 miles on Lakeshore in 21:43 (10:51 pace).  I stopped at the turnaround to take the Probiotics.  I hit the Mile mark in 11-flat and was only slightly better on the back half.  I have mixed feelings on this one.  When the process is working, I should NOT see a night and day difference from one day to the next.  It should be barely noticeable BUT steady.  I'm so far behind that it will take years to get back to respectability at this rate.  The Molybdenum should arrive tomorrow.  That might make a difference.

Distance=2.0

3/19- The moly did arrive last night and the reaction was immediately negative, but that turned into an insatiable need by this morning.  Half lap intervals:

0 moly- 1:57 (11:42 pace)  WORSE THAN YESTERDAY

1 moly- 1:39 (9:54 pace) MINUS 1:48

2 moly- 1:24 (8:24 pace) MINUS 1:30

I would have seen further gains if I had taken more but I chose to hold it there.  The gains were short-lived.  I was horrible again by lunchtime and got better only after popping more of those pills.  

Distance=0.5

Reaction:

The fact that I improved so much on the moly is confirmation that my symptoms are due to candida die-off.  The die off started shortly after I got back from California.  I need to stay with the plan but at least the ill-effects will be mitigated.  Problem is that it could take months to clear the candida.  I've now made it 6 days without sugared or alcoholic drinks.  15 days to go.  

3/20- 2 miles in 19:21 (9:40 pace). Splits were 9:38-9:43.  Repeated the Lakeshore workout.  Just wanted a significant improvement over last time (21:43) and I got just about what I wanted.  The moly has definitely helped and I am less dependent on it too.  I actually forgot to take it in the morning and still got through the day at work.  Unfortunately, I did cave on caffeine.  It was a sugar free energy drink so the no sugar or alcohol streak still stands at 7 days.  The caffeine must NOT become a daily habit.  This needs to be a one day blip.  The candida die off should begin to diminish after Day 10.  

Distance=2.0

3/21- 10,000 meters at Mountain Brook in 62:45 (10:05 pace) PR!  BIG TIME PR! That's more than 9 minutes better than last time.  This was better than I expected.  I thought I'd be in the 64-65 range.  I'm still short of the standard but I am now within 30 seconds per mile.  The watch did not turn to 60 until I had less than 500 meters to go.  I am more than 95% of the way there.  1st half- 30:57, 2nd half- 31:48.  Mile 5 was pretty ugly but I bounced back in Mile 6.  I might try to take down the 5K PR this weekend.

Distance=6.5

3/22- VERY sore and this does not feel normal.  Opened with a 1:58 half lap then was only slightly better on Probiotics (1:52) and it wasn't until I popped some Moly that I felt much better (1:21).  

PM- Felt no better on extra moly.  Only did a naked mile at Montreat.  Very slow pace.

Distance= 1.5

3/23- The culprit was discovered last night.  Too much Apple Cider Vinegar.  Moly did help but it wasn't enough to get me even close to normal.  It seems like 5 of those pills are no better than 2.  I have no choice other than to reduce if not eliminate the ACV.  Sadly, I caved again on the caffeine and later the alcohol. Kinda had to in order to get through the work day.   It didn't make any difference in how I felt.  Unfortunately, I am back to Day 1 tomorrow.  Hopefully, the withdrawal won't be severe.

Distance= 0.5

3/24- 1 mile at Vestavia in 11:35.  OUCH!  1st half- 5:10, 2nd half- 6:25.  I don't know what happened.  I took no ACV last night.  Just probiotics this morning.  I still need moly.  May have been worse without it.  Caffeine withdrawal?  I don't think so.  Probably, I just need to clear the ACV.  I'm staying off it for 5 days.  I sure hope I don't get in a situation in which I need it every day at a narrow window.

Distance=1.0

3/25- Awful on Probiotics alone.  Only slightly better on Molybdenum.  It was not until I took the ACV that I felt better.  It was MUCH better.  I ran a 71 half lap without even pushing hard.  I could have done close to 60 if I went all out.

Distance=1.0

3/26- Woke up awful even though I took some ACV last night.  Nothing helped until I took another tablespoon of ACV.  I thought about a 5K time trial but knew by the 2nd lap that I would not make it.  Settled for 1 Mile in 9:28 with splits of 4:38-4:50.  

2nd Tablespoon of ACV- I expected to be better but not by this much. Improved to 7:48 (PR).  That's a 28 second improvement over my previous time and it feels good to break the 8 minute barrier.  Splits were 1:53-1:58-2:01-1:56.  I left a few seconds out there.  By 600 meters in, I knew I would break 8 so I wanted to enjoy the back half.  I let off just a hair but that's okay.  That will make it easier to PR again.  Added a half mile cool.  As expected, it didn't take long until I needed ACV again.

Distance=2.5

-21 miles total.  YTD- 122

No comments: