Monday, October 16, 2023

Training 10/15-10/22

 Yet another attempt.  I've developed an insatiable need for Tumeric, which was not tolerated before I addressed the autoimmune issues.  

10/15- The previous day, I could not even run a 9:00 pace for 1 lap on the track without the pills.  Today, I managed an 8:30 pace at Montreat.  Factor in the hills and slightly longer distance, figure it's the equivalent of a 2:05 or better on the track.  However, as expected, I struggled mightily in the real workout.  Lakeshore 2.5 in 28:30 (11:22 pace) but I did manage a slight negative split.  Added a short cool to reach an even 3 on the day.

Distance=3.0

10/16- Straight to Lakeshore in the dark.  When the time changes, there will be a brief period in which it's daylight at 6 AM.  Repeated the 2.5 mile distance and my time is down to 25:48 (10:19 pace).  Felt noticeably better as well but still a long way to go.  This projects to a 5K just over 32 minutes.  OUCH!

Distance= 2.5 

10/17- My recent history has been just like this:  I get a little better for a few days then WHAM!  Just as my hopes are beginning to rise, I get slammed.  It happened again today.  I had a modest goal of a sub-10 pace for 2.5 miles.  I had a funny feeling before I started that something was off, and I was correct.  After holding the pace for about a quarter mile, I collapsed and it got worse with every step.  I ended up cutting it short at 1.5 in 17:48 (11:51 pace).

Fortunately, there is an explanation.  I took Quercetin for my blood pressure.  That's going to be a NO because it exacerbates the autoimmune issues.  The Curcumin, so effective before, actually made things worse.  This confirms what I knew.  The most effective Candida treatment was not tolerated because of autoimmune issues.  That makes me SO SICK that words can't describe it.  This never would have happened if the autoimmune issues were treated 10 years ago.

Distance=1.5

10/18- The Quercetin has cleared my system and as expected, the need for Turmeric has kicked back in with a VENGEANCE!  I wasn't well enough to even attempt a morning session but I did do 3x1 lap at Montreat in the evening.  Finished with an overall time of 9:48 with splits of 3:38-3:16-2:54.  I popped a pill after each lap and kept the effort even.  

Floor- 3:38 (10:54 pace).  Ceiling- 2:54 (8:42 pace).  That's a gap of 2:12 and I'm sure it would have been even larger if I had taken 2 pills after each lap.  The extreme need has GOT to diminish soon.  I believe it will happen suddenly.  

Distance=1.0  

10/19- Back to where I was 3 days ago.  Maybe a hair better.  Finished 2 miles in 20:28 (10:14 pace) with a negative split.  As long as I can stick to the diet and I can take the Turmeric, I have a chance.

Distance- 2.0

10/20- Hoped to get the sub-10 pace today and failed again.  1.5 miles in 16:38  (11:05 pace).  Again, I collapsed after the first half mile after starting out okay.  The need for Turmeric appears to be INCREASING not decreasing.

Distance=1.5

10/21- Repeated the 1.5 mile distance and my time was down to 15:45 (10:30 pace).  Improved only because I took an extra pill.  Added a warm and cool.

Distance=2.0

10/22- Half mile junk run at Montreat.  Curcumin appears to be losing its effectiveness.  What next?

Distance=0.5

- 14 miles total

No comments: