Monday, February 12, 2024

Training 2/12-2/18

 2/12- Rain finally stopped just before the workout.  Day 3 clean.  Headache and strong cravings but I made it through.  I wasn't expecting much out there today but did better than expected.  2 miles on Lakeshore in 18:19 (9:09 pace).  Right at sub-2 half marathon pace and this is my 2nd best time of the year.  Splits were 9:08-9:11.  MUCH better than yesterday.  Maybe I finally succeed at the 5K tomorrow.

Distance=2.0

2/13- FAILED AGAIN.  This time, the power cut off after just 200 meters and quit after a half mile in 5:18.  I knew that I needed either CBS NOS or NAC.  It was the former.  Cheated BADLY in my frustration.

PM- Molybdenum will also do the trick.  Improved from 95 to 77 on just 2 of those pills.

Distance-1.0

2/14- 4xhalf mile on Lakeshore with Molybdenum after each interval.  Significant improvement after 1 pill as expected.  The second pill made it slightly better but NOT enough to be considered significant.  Pill number 3 left me worse off than when I started.  However in just a few hours, I needed more pills.  NIGHTMARE!!!

Splits were 5:47-5:18-5:11-5:59.

Distance-2.0

2/15- Planned rest day.  Denver flight.  Drive to Breckenridge.

2/16- Junk run at Breckenridge.  Surprisingly, I felt okay but sure the altitude would have affected me if I had gone longer.

Distance= 0.5

2/17- Half mile at Garden of the Gods.  Could not hack it on the climbs.

Distance= 0.5

2/18- 1 mile in Denver at City Park.  Time was 8:54, which is probably the equivalent of 8:35 at sea level.  I'm afraid this is the new normal.

Distance= 1.0

-7 miles.  

No comments: