Monday, February 5, 2024

Training 2/5-2/11

 2/5- AM- Montreat Mile in 10:39.  MINUS 56 and I'll take that any day.  Strong negative split (5:30-5:09).  Feels like the adrenal spike is already going down.  It only lasted about 48 hours but it was an intense 2 days.  Didn't expect it to die down so quickly.

PM- A pill at lunch confirmed it.  The adrenal spike is over.  Recovery has already begun.  In THEORY, if I keep doing what I'm doing now, I'll be cured but I've been burned too many times.  Did 2 miles on Lakeshore in 19:50 with perfect splits (9:55-9:55).  Yes, it did take a rally in the last quarter mile to shore up the sub-20 but I did it nonetheless.  Nice improvement over the morning session.

Distance=3.0

2/6- Failed again.  Instead of 3 miles, I settled for half the distance in a time of 16-flat (10:40 pace).  Splits were 7:21-8:39.  Never felt good but the pace was below 10 for most of the first mile but it got worse as it progressed.  Felt better after taking NAC in the evening, which I forgot to take last night.  I should NOT do THIS bad because of one pill!  

Distance-1.5

2/7- Unplanned rest day.  Too much NAC! 

2/8- Hated interval session.  On no pills, I opened with a 2:03.  On B-12, I was down to 2:00.  Slightly better but that's not enough to be considered significant.  Glycine did absolutely nothing and neither did the detox spray.  I repeated the 2:00 on both.  Only on the CBS/NOS, which has the opposite effect as NAC did I improve.  Down to 1:42 on one of those pills.  Molybdenum brought me down to 1:31.  That's still a significant gain but not as effective.  Unfortunately, too much overshot the BP AGAIN.  IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION!   I've gone pretty much numb now.  

The only way forward is to either take a small amount of NAC every night or not take either the NAC or the CBS/NOS.  The latter may work only if I am clean on the diet.  

Distance=1.0

2/9- 1.5 laps at Montreat in 5:47.  That's a HALF mile!  I'm going to quit both the NAC and the CBS NOS.  If I do everything right and am still not better by the end of the month, I must go back to the doctor.

Distance-0.5

2/10- AM- Montreat Mile in 10:46 with splits of 5:25-5:21.  Pace improved by 48 seconds, which is enough to be considered significant and I doubled the distance.

PM- Ugly 2 miles on Lakeshore.  Finished in 20:26 (10:13 pace).  It's another improvement.  Cut off another 33 seconds and doubled the distance. I'll take it.  Tomorrow will likely be rained out but maybe there will be a break in the weather.

Distance-3.0

2/11- Half mile junk run in between rounds of storms.  Adrenals have spiked again.  

Ugly Mile at Montreat in 10:38 with splits of 5:22-5:16.  No further comment.

Distance= 1.5

-11 miles on the week.  YTD-62

No comments: