Sunday, February 25, 2024

Training 2/19-3/3

 2/19- 1.5 miles in Denver mostly on Cherry Creek Trail plus downtown.  Pace was just a hair below 11:00 and did not feel well at all.  Pace was never much below 10 but it got worse as the run progressed.  Probably not enough molybdenum or I need the CBS/NOS.  Late flight back to B'ham.

Distance=1.5

2/20-2/23- 

Unplanned rest days.  Not surprisingly, I fell off the wagon on the diet in Colorado.  Back on track now.

2/24- AM-Naked half lap just to see how bad I would do without any pills. Clocked a 1:56.  Popped a pill and improved to 1:43 then managed a 1:31 on 2 Moly pills.

PM- Full mile in 11:15. OUCH!  Did manage a slight negative split (5:40-5:35).  

Distance=1.5

2/25- My opener was a 1:33, which is encouraging.  My floor today was not significantly slower than yesterday's ceiling.  Went straight out after taking the pills.  Real workout was 2.5 miles in 24:43 (9:53 pace).  Even pace (12:20-12:23) but not much left.  Figure a 5K would have been a hair below 31.  Maybe I will try again tomorrow.  Added a 1/3 mile cool so it goes in the books as an even 3.

Distance=3.0 

2/26- FINALLY a successful 5K time trial at North Lakeshore.  Finished in 28:48 (9:15 pace) with excellent pacing (14:27-14:21) despite the back half being slightly uphill.  Best time of the year and I've pulled to within 60 seconds of my reset PR.  The hard part is being able to do this consistently.

Distance=3.1

2/27-AM- I sense that my need for Molybdenum has diminished and today confirmed it.  Opened with a 95 and improved only to a 91 with pills.  That's barely enough to be considered significant, which is good news.  Still, I feel that this is NOT over.  Something is still missing.  I am stiff and sore and yesterday should not have taken this much out of me.  Maybe I will feel better in the evening.

PM- NOT better in the evening.  I slipped to a 1:43 and PABA was the culprit.  A new supp called Lactoferrin, which I have taken before got me all the way down to 1:16 but within a few hours, I needed more.  I will follow the usual script.

Distance= 1.4

2/28-AM- 1 mile in 13:08.  Lactoferrin did help but not as much as I had hoped.  Splits were 6:52-6:16.  Yes, it is enough to be considered significant.

PM- 1.5 miles on Lakeshore in 15:32 (10:21 pace).  MUCH better than this morning.  I will go with this formula for the next month.

Distance=2.5

2/29- Step backward.  1 mile in 11:06 (5:28-5:38).  There is ANOTHER ingredient in the B-complex that I cannot tolerate.  It is Inositol. Fortunately, the ill-effects were mitigated by extra Cytokine suppressants.  Cytokine does NOTHING against PABA.  Only Lactoferrin helps with that.  Lactoferrin does NOTHING against the Inositol.  Only Cytokine helps with that.  WHAT THE _______!  It's looking bleak.

Distance= 1.0

3/1- Planned rest day.  Rained most of the day.

3/2- 1 mile at Montreat.  Only planned on 1 lap because of an adrenal spike but did the full 3.  Finished in 10:47 with a slight negative split.  

Distance -1.0

3/3- Settled for just 1 mile on Lakeshore in 11:26 with splits of 5:10-6:16.  Vitamin E was the culprit this time.  If this is an autoimmune reaction, it's pretty much hopeless.  Fortunately, I did feel a little better after extra Thym-Adren.  That means, it likely triggered an adrenal reaction.  I can live with that.

Distance-1.0

16 miles in 2 weeks.  That just won't do.

No comments: