Tuesday, August 20, 2024

2025 Road Trip Ideas

 If by some miracle I am healthy, I have several races on my bucket list:

Fort Worth, Texas- February 

Rock n Roll DC- March

Rio De Janeiro- April or June

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania- May

Santiago, Chile- May

San Diego, California- August 

I'd probably choose 2 or 3 with the international options being the least likely.

Now the non-running trips:

Maui, Hawaii.  Good chance here.  It will be January or February.  I want to visit all 4 major islands.  So far, I've got the Big Island and Oahu.  Kauai works best as a summer or early Fall trip.

Arizona- Phoenix, Sedona, Grand Canyon, D'Backs game.  This is the front runner for April.

Utah/Colorado- Fly to Salt Lake, go North to Ogden then cut east to Gunnison Canyon then down the Million Dollar Hwy to Mesa Verde and back through Moab.  Works best for late Spring but I can't do this and Arizona.  One or the other.

Alaska- This is probably the one I want the most and I'll shoot for June even with high prices.  This will complete Round 2 of Visit all 50 states.

Great Lakes- Detroit Tigers game.  Niagara Falls, Erie and Cleveland.  Works best from July through September though Niagara Falls will probably be decidedly less crowded in September.  

Washington- Rainier, Olympic NP and North Cascades.  Definitely a mid summer or early Fall trip.

Atlantic Canada beach trip- New Brunswick, PEI and Nova Scotia.  August is the only month in which the water temperature could be tolerable.  

SoCal- Orange County and San Diego.  La Jolla, Laguna are must stops.  I'd like to see Oceanside, Torrey Pines and Huntington Beach as well.  Definitely late summer.

PCH- Fly to LAX.  Santa Cruz to Santa Monica via Pacific Coast Hwy.  Also works best in late summer to early Fall.

3 Mexico trips that work best in November:

Cabo to La Paz loop

Sayulita

Mexico City and Puerto Escondido 

Obviously I can't do anywhere close to all of these.  We shall see what happens.

No comments: