Wednesday, January 28, 2009

training Jan. 25-31

1/25- Better than expected after yesterday's effort. Managed a steady 8:00 pace for 4.5 miles. Could have gone farther but I know the pain will catch up with me tomorrow so I'm minimizing the damage by cutting it a bit short.
Grade:B+/1 credit/distance=4.5
1/26-As expected, the pain did hit me today. Legs weren't too bad but the rest of me is tired and worn out both physically and emotionally (waiting to hear about a new job). No running.
1/27- Easy 10 just a hair below 83 minutes. That's okay but I felt a tad off form and my biomechanics were a bit sloppy. Felt that I should have done better 3 days removed from my last hard workout. Even pace is the reason this was not a "C". May try for harder workout tomorrow. Tempo or long interval but if I'm not up for it, I'll just take it easy and go hard Thurs.
Grade:B-/2 credits/distance=10.5
1/28- Good workout today. 3 miles easy in 24:42, bathroom break followed by a 5K tempo in 20:51 (6:43 pace). Splits were 10:29-10:22. That's my best time of '09 and beats my '07 time. Short walk break then ran a long cool down in which I averaged an 8:30 pace for 2 miles. I was hardly exhausted after that 5K and know that I could have gone faster. Came home to find rejection letter in mailbox and am running on pure anger right now.
Grade:A-/2 credits/distance=8.1
1/29- 7 miles easy (pace was in the 8:20s) then followed it up with a 2:54 final half mile (no break), another best of '09 but light years away from last year.
Grade:B+/1 credit/distance=7.9
1/30- found out today that I might get the job after all. I'm physically and emotionally exhausted from this ordeal. No running today. I'll make up for it tomorrow.
1/31- Interesting workout. Left at 4:30 AM to meet a running group in Birmingham, arrived 10 minutes late and just missed them. Instead, I ran a VERY easy 8 miles (9:30 pace) with 2 older runners then hit the trail a few minutes later for a 5 mile "tempo". Early pace was faster than expected so I decided to go for it. Finished in 34:50 (32 seconds short of a PR) but very pleased with that sub-35 after running 8 miles just a few minutes earlier. Splits: 7:04-7:00-6:59-6:57-6:50= 34:50. 1st half: 17:32, 2nd half: 17:18. 2 mile cool down a few hours later. It was a long day.
Grade:A-/3 credits/distance=15.0
Weekly summary:
An emotional week to say the least. Overall, the running was not bad at all. This will be my last 40+ week until race day. Next week will be shorter and sharper with lower mileage but I will jack up the pace so I can be sharp on race day. Average of 48.5 MPW for January. I've never done that much before. Will it pay off on race day?
Distance = 46.0/ Weekly GPA=30.5/9 credits=3.389

No comments: