Monday, February 2, 2009

training Feb.1-7

2/1- unplanned but necessary rest day.
2/2- moderate 3 mile which turned into a decent tempo run. 3 miles in 21:03 in a comfortably hard effort. I did push the final 200 and ran it in 41. Workout was average overall. This would have been barely sub-22 for 5K so that's not one of my best. Maybe I will do my 10 mile time trial early.
Grade:B-/2 credits/distance=3.0
2/3- 10 miles time trial. This was one of my best runs ever. My PR coming in was a 75:41 and I would have been pleased just to break 75. Under 74 would have been great. I smashed it with an incredible 72:57. If I have my best stuff on race day, I fully expect to break 1:40 for 13.1 and may even make a run at 1:35 by the end of the year. If I can do that, I'm halfway to a BQ.
Splits: 7:20-7:17-7:18-7:16-7:21-7:22-7:24-7:23-7:22-6:54/ 13.1 pace of 1:35:37.
Grade:A+/3 credits/distance=10.25
2/4- "Short and quick" recovery run. It was cold and windy outside and I'm supposed to be tapering so I cut it short. Pace was around 7:40 and felt fine. Not bad for day after all out effort. The ill-effects may hit tomorrow. Plan to run 5 around 38 or so.
Grade:B+/1 credit/distance=2.75
2/5- Weak performance. Weight has dropped to 147 despite taking Lithium. I must be low on inhibitory neurotransmitters. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Hopefully, this adjustment will prevent a significant setback. Go Figure. I'm only 2 days removed from my best 10 miler ever. Stats from the run: 5 miles in 38:xx , close to target. Strong start but pace slowed considerably in the 4th mile. Tried to pick it up at the end and didn't have much left. Felt worse in the evening after the run. 10 days away from race day. Never fails.
Grade: C/1 credit/distance=5.0
2/6- Loaded on inhibitory neurotransmitter support and did get my weight moving in the right direction but the workout was even worse than the day before. This time the pain was in my legs. I probably need more chromium and manganese and hopefully that will do the trick. Again, the first 2 miles were not bad but I slowed in mile 3, tried to pick up the pace in mile 4 and had nothing. Finished at a pedestrian pace. If I attempted a quality workout, this would have been an F. Since, I finished the workout and it didn't go downhill until later ...
Grade:D+/1 credit/distance=4.0
2/7- Felt awful when I woke up, probably the worst I've felt in all of '09. Took the chromium and manganese and began to feel relief within hours. Went out for some easy distance and surprised myself by doing fairly well. 8 miles at roughly half mary pace (61:12) including a blazing 76 second final quarter mile. On pace for 1:40 for 13.1. Long cooldown.
Grade:A-/2 credits/distance=9.0
Weekly summary: Distance=34.0 GPA: 32.3/11 credits=2.936

No comments: