Tuesday, March 23, 2010

training 3/22-3/28

3/22- Nasty weather. 45 degrees and rain so I did my 3 mile recovery jog on the 'mill. I got about what I expected the day after a hard race.
Grade:B-/1 credit/distance=3.0

3/23- Took some manganese and felt overstimulated again. I'm actually pleased that it happened. Based on my test results, that was what was supposed to happen. I'll see how I do on 1/2 of manganese and if that's too much, I can get by on maybe 1-2 per week. Today's workout was an all out 2 Mile at Veteran's Park and I was out of breath almost immediately and managed to finish in 14:44 (7:22 pace) with splits of 4:46-4:56-5:02.
Grade:D/1 credit/distance=2.5

3/24- Trak Shak 6.5 @ 7:03 pace. One tick faster per mile than last week. Still a bit stiff. Stuck with the fast group for about 2 miles and faded a bit at the end. Still managed a new best of the year at 5M (34:54) and 10K (43:48). Less taurine and less manganese from now on. Finished with a 1 mile cool down.
Grade:B+/2 credits/distance=7.5

3/25- Interesting day. I started my run on Lakeshore and 1 mile into it, the skies began to open up so I turned around and ran a quick 6:40 2nd mile in the driving rain wearing nothing but a tank top and shorts. I went back to the car to wait it out then ran an easy 5 in 37:55 (7:35 pace) with light effort. It wasn't effortless but I still felt good. No chromium or manganese and plenty of taurine was a winning formula today.
Grade:A-/1 credit/distance=7.0

3/26- Took the day off work today. I would only have worked a half day anyway because of my trip home. AM run- Trak Shak 13 loop followed by an extra mile. Time was 1:47:45 (7:42 pace). That's a little fast for a training run and I would get yelled at big time if I revealed that on RWOL but my base is still on the low side so I can handle it. Tied up a bit in the last 4 but managed to hold on. First run longer than 13.1 since January and good preparation for Nashville. All 14 miles were sub-8 and only the 2nd (mostly downhill) was sub-7:30. 1st half was 53:32, 2nd half was 54:13. That's only 6 seconds per mile of difference. Good job today. Just barely missed an A-.
Grade:B+/2 credits/distance=14.0

3/27- Body is tired from yesterday's effort and a long trip but it did cooperate. Easy 5 on Jefferson trail in 38:48 (7:46 pace). I could not find an even pace for some reason. It was either 7:30 or 8:30. Decent overall. If I can squeeze a run in tomorrow, I will hit my highest mileage since January.
Grade:B-/1 credit/distance=5.0

3/28- AM-Easy 3 progression style on Jefferson/Peters trail. Overall pace was 7:15 (7:30-7:20-6:55) with the last .25 at sub-6 pace. Forced to split up the run today because of time constraints.
PM- Easy 3 on the 'mill @ 8:11 pace with no effort. Body is tired from the travel but when called upon to perform, it was up to the task. That's a good sign. Overall day was 6 averaging 7:43.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=6.0

Weekly summary:
Ran all 7 days and I am feeling it. My next rest day will probably be Tuesday. That's a good number on the weekly mileage despite the travel days. 6 out of 7 days were sub-8 pace. I feel like I am regaining some of my Baton Rouge level fitness and might have a shot at a PR in Nashville. 3 good weeks of training until race day.
Distance= 45.0/ GPA= 26.3/9= 2.92

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello.
You have done really very good site. Great work, great site.Your site offers valuable information and good looking.I am very impressed to watch your keyword and description.I hope that you can improve. Success you will wait the next day.
soccer betting
sports betting

Crazy J said...

Just saw this today. Thank you for your support.

Sing Your Style Studio said...

Sing Your Style Studio ,founded by Stephanie Swann, is the place for you! We will assist you to expand your range, smooth out all your breaks, free your voice from strain…and much much more! Learn to sing easily with flexibility and strength and discover and empower whats unique to you!
Sing Your Style Studio
online voice instruction
online voice lessons
online singing lesson
voice lessons online
private voice lessons online