Monday, September 13, 2010

training 9/13-9/19

9/13- MLR on Lakeshore. 12 miles @ 7:44 pace. Strong as a bull. Really got in the groove in the last 3 miles. Felt like I could have gone at least 10 more at this pace. When I'm fresh, I will be flying. Felt a bit tired this morning but ready to go in the afternoon. I MUST cut out sugar and caffeine. It may give me a temporary hit of energy when I'm tired from over training but the crash will be worse. Going for 65 this week.
Grade:A/2 credits/distance=12.0

9/14- First run as a 30 year old was a forgettable performance. Veteran's Park 5 miler in 39:56 (7:59 pace) and had to work for the sub-8. This was less than 12 hours after my last workout so I'm not disappointed. I had enough energy to run but my legs were trash.
Grade:C+/1 credit/distance=5.5

9/15- Trak Shak 8 in 57:04 (7:08 pace). Hard and hilly tempo effort. New course PR by quite a margin. Plenty of energy left at the end. Felt great. This would have been good for 6:50s on Lakeshore and I was far from fresh. I'm ready for the half mary now.
Grade:A+/2 credits/distance=8.5

9/16- Easy 7 @ 7:37 pace. Tried a fast finish at the end and just didn't have sub-6 speed at the end so I backed off. Felt a bit weak towards the end but still a solid run.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=7.5

9/17- Veteran's Park recovery jog untimed at glacial pace with zero effort. Just what I planned.
Grade:Pass/0 credit/distance=5.5

9/18- Most bizarre dream ever: I saw a girl that I like but couldn't smile at her because I was growing hair on my teeth. I went to the dentist who prescribed marijuana to solve the problem and even showed me before and after pictures of other patients. I laughed so hard. I woke up with some soreness in the calf and wasn't sure if I could do this but resolved to give it a shot. Pace was steady in the upper 7:40s and felt my best between miles 8-12. Faded badly after Mile 16 but I think it was the heat that got to me. It was 80 degrees at the end with sunny skies but low humidity. Managed to keep pace below 8:00 through 17 and managed 8:15s for 18 and 19 then took an extended drink break and pulled off a 7:17 (BQ pace) for Mile 20. Overall time was 2:36:33. Pace per mile: 7:50. New PR for 20 mile by 9 sec/mile.
Grade:A-/2 credit/distance=20.0

9/19- Easy 6 in 45:48. Even pace for the first 5 then ran the last mile at BQ marathon pace because I could. Overall pace was 7:38. Strong. Cool down at the end.
Grade:A-/1 credit/distance=6.5

Weekly summary:
Very good week. Need to slow down on my easy runs just like RWOL has suggested. 60 miles worth of runs at sub-8 pace. I like that. Next week is a sharp cut back. Unfortunately, my planned 5K may be canceled so I may have to go for it alone in a time trial.
Distance=65.5/ GPA= 33/9=3.67

No comments: