Monday, September 27, 2010

training 9/27-10/3

9/27- Just my 3rd workout in the past 5 days and I still feel over trained. Workout was 10 miles in 79:56 (8:00 pace), about 2 minutes slower than my normal and it felt just as hard. My dream of a BQ ends here. I am quite disappointed. I should have known that the training earlier this month was unsustainable but I expected that a rest day would leave me refreshed. I would have thought that my paces would slow but if I can't handle 60 MPW over the long haul , I can't run a 3:10. I will take 4 days off then take it fairly easy leading up to my half mary. I can still salvage a good Fall racing season and maybe now that the mileage won't be as crucial, I can still get that 5K PR. The good news is that I am not injured but I am afraid of an adrenal fatigue relapse.
Grade:B-/2 credits/distance=10.0

9/28-10/1- Unplanned rest days.
Grade:F/2 credits/distance=0

10/2- Slept for over 10 hours and still had some soreness in the groin area but overall not too bad. Plenty of energy. My Garmin was low on batteries so I had to run naked (running lingo for no watch). I do know that my first 4 miles were near 7:40 then just relaxed over the next 5. I took a rest to drink and walk for about 2 minutes then let it loose with a 5:55 mile with a final lap in 81 seconds. Good solid but not exhausting workout. The fear of a relapse has diminished.
Grade:B/2 credits/distance=11.0

No comments: