Monday, December 20, 2010

Training 12/20-31

12/20- Modest improvement over yesterday's debacle. Started at a relaxed 8:00 pace then the effort increased while the pace steadily slowed. Each additional mile was almost exactly 10 seconds slower than the previous one. Finished at 5 miles in 41:42 (8:20 avg pace). Nasty reaction to 2nd pill in the afternoon. I think I'll try for 2.25 pills per day. This year can't end soon enough.
Grade:C-/1 credit/distance=5.0

12/21- Another modest improvement. Same workout as yesterday with nearly the same result. This time, I managed to hold the pace for 2 miles and my slow down was not as steep. Time was 40:50 (8:10 pace). I'm planning to order a blood test for my thyroid hormones. As a last resort, I may have to temporarily go on Synthroid to compensate for the Lithium that I have, and I mean have to take to avert feelings of over stimulation.
Grade:C/1 credit/distance=5.0

12/22- Pretty weak tempo. 3 miles at Vestavia in 20:57 (6:59 pace). Splits were 6:45-7:00-7:12 so it was the usual steady decline. Not very long ago, I could do 10 miles at this pace. I have fallen very far since September but once again, it was a modest improvement.
Grade:C+/2 credits/distance=3.0

12/23-Planned rest day. Maybe a few days off will do me some good. I think I know the problem now. My blood sugar supplement contains an amino acid that I can't tolerate.

12/24-27- 4 more rest days and the rest did nothing for the abnormal soreness. I was probably worse on the 27th than the 23rd.

12/28- 2 miles in 14:45. Horrible performance. Added some new thyroid supplements to my formula and simply took too many. There is some hope that this stuff can work but I may have to tweak the formula. Again, started off pretty well with a 95 1st quarter then slowed with each step. Splits were 6:49-7:56 and had severe soreness in the calf and shins along with shortness of breath. 1 mile cooldown at glacial pace.
Grade:F+/1 credit/distance=3.0

12/29-1 mile at tempo effort but the Gamin malfunctioned again. Felt much better however despite some stubborn calf soreness.
Grade:C+/1 credit/distance=1.0

12/30- Junk run with Nick in Charlotte through downtown. Felt decent.
Grade:NG/0 credit/distance=2.0

12/31- Meineke Car Care Bowl. Morning workout on the 'mill and it was a horrible performance. 1.5 miles into in, the severe calf soreness began so I stopped, popped a pill then ran a half mile under 3. It would be nice to get off the thyroid supplements permanently but my hopes are not real high. Thankfully, this year is over.
Grade:D/1 credit/distance=2.0

Weekly summary:
The year is over. Enough said.
Distance= 21.0/ GPA= 1.70

No comments: