Monday, July 10, 2017

Training 7/10-7/16

7/10-AM.  Good start.  2 mile quickie at Gold's in 13:56 with back to back 6:58 splits.  I'll be back out this evening.

PM- Adrenal spike hit HARD this afternoon.  I expect it will last 5-7 days but I can control it with extra ADHS.  Another 2 mile this time at junk pace on Wisteria.  By the weekend, I hope to get a final answer on Liver Beef and Livatone.  MAYBE then, I'll have a formula that I can ride to the FINISH in New Mexico.  Let's say the Ferritin drops by 5 points per week.  It will be under 100 by New Mexico, which is still higher than ideal but not bad enough to produce horrible symptoms.  By Labor Day, it will be in the 130 range and I should see improvements by then.
Grade:C/1 credit/Distance=4.0

7/11- Day 2 is usually the roughest day of a sugar detox.  This is probably as bad as the adrenal spike will get.  4 miles in 34:34 (8:38 pace).  Weak effort.  Miles 2-3 were approaching 9 but came back a little at the end.  I should be better tomorrow.
Grade:D/1 credit/distance=4.0

7/12- Day 3.  4 miles in 31:36 (7:54 pace) MINUS 44.  A lot better but still no top gear.  Even pace but never did get it much below 7:45.  Livatone did arrive earlier than expected so I added a half mile cool after taking it.  Much poorer after taking just 1 of those pills, which could hurt me tomorrow.  I'm okay with that.  I'd rather get a quick NO on a pill than a false hope.
Grade:C/1 credit/distance=4.5

7/13- AWFUL!  1 Mile in 8:54 plus a half mile cool.  Each lap was markedly slower than the previous one.  Got home to find the culprit was Whole Food C.  The same stuff that kept me afloat the 2 weeks after the donation.  This leaves me with the same formula as before.
Distance=1.5/ Freebie

7/14- Garbage run on Wisteria.  Had to take walk breaks to avoid a mess.  Finished with 1 Mile and no time though I'm sure it was over 10 minutes.  I'll try Liver Beef again tomorrow but I expect a failure and part of me is actually hoping for it.  That would mean no supplement can regulate my Iron.  Blood donation or BUST and I'll get a final answer by October.
Grade:F/1 credit/distance=1.0

7/15- BTC run was not a total failure this time.  Never did have a good pace and slowed from there but did not collapse or have to walk.  Covered 6 miles in soupy conditions in 59:14 (9:52 pace).  Did the first half with the group in 28:37 then slipped to 30:37 on the back half.  Popped a trace of the Liver pill (less than 1/4) and felt noticeably WORSE within seconds.  That does it!  No more experimentation with supplements.  Blood donation or BUST!
Grade:D/1 credit/distance=6.0

7/16- Gold's 4 in 29:33 (7:23 pace).  Solid but not stellar.  Felt strong through the first half in 14:40 then struggled a bit but kept it under 7:30 all the way.  Too much effort for this pace but still decent.
Day 7 off sugared drinks.  Staying strong.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=4.0

Weekly summary:
The next 3 weeks will be make or break.  I'm back to my old formula and it's high time I see sustained improvement from the blood donation.
Distance=25.0/ GPA= 9/6= 1.50
YTD: 806 miles.  5-21 with a 2.06 GPA

No comments: