Monday, March 26, 2018

Training 3/26-4/1

3/26- AM- 3 miles in 25:45 (8:35 pace). MINUS 47.  Following the usual pattern.  I expect to be under the Mendoza line this afternoon.  So far this year, I have managed to get down to 5@7:20 on 2 occasions but no faster.  I believe that I am taking everything I need and nothing that I don't.  One more relapse and it shuts down.

PM- Exactly as I expected.  Repeated the 3 miles at Gold's and my time is down to 23:26 (7:49 pace). MINUS 46.  Even pace (11:42-11:44) with no real effort to kick.  I may have been -50 if I really went hard at the end but comfortably under the Mendoza line, I just cruised it on in.  Prediction for tomorrow is 5 miles in a time between 37:30-38:00.  If I run 3, it will be in the high 21s.
Distance=6.0

3/27- 5 miles in 37:37 (7:31 pace). MINUS 18 with 2 extra miles.   Just as I predicted.   HR-162, Cadence-178.  1st and 2nd half were about even but it was the usual sandwich.  Strong start and finish but slipped to the 7:40 range in the midsection.  I believe I have one more day of significant improvement left then I will level off and possibly relapse.  This is only Day 3 after the PABA flare.  I probably have another 3 days of spiked adrenal activity but that is controlled with mega ADHS.
Distance=5.0

3/28- A break from the shots against the clock.  Hilly 7 mile Trak Shak loop in 55:34 (7:56 pace).  Not a bad showing but it still feels like something is off.  On a 5 mile track run, I don't think I am much better than 7:31 pace.  Faded a bit at the end but the splits were still fairly even given the terrain.  Tacked on a half mile cool.  HR-158, Cadence-178.  I have logged some distance so far this week.  If I do anything tomorrow, it will be a junk run.
Distance=7.5

3/29- AM- Interesting junk run.  Came through 6 laps at Gold's in 4:57 (7:26 pace) but given how much effort it required, I could NOT keep it up for 5 miles.  I suppose that is understandable given my volume so far this week.  Popped a glutamine (re-start) and there was most definitely more spring in my steps.  Granted I did ramp up the effort but the next 3 laps were 2:00.5 (6:01 pace) with a last lap in 36 seconds (5:24 pace) then tacked on a cool.
Distance=1.5
Reaction:
I had been taking the Glutamine occasionally but stopped because I didn't think it was necessary.  It will now become a regular part of my formula.  I am having some GI issues that could be related to Whole Food C and glutamine may help with that as well.  If I stop Whole Food C, glycine could become unnecessary but then again, I REALLY don't want to be back to the position in which a micro dose of it would trigger a relapse.  Also, extra glycine may be helpful if I cheat on preservatives, which again must be limited to 2x or less per week.  More questions will be answered this weekend.  If the Glutamine fails after the promising start, it's over.

3/30-AM- Hoped to run 3 miles around 21-flat.  Came through the 1st mile in a decent 7:06 then suddenly DIED.  Quit shortly thereafter and finished Mile 2 as a cool down.  Lo and behold, the culprit is glutamine.  Perhaps I can only tolerate 1 pill as is the case with others.  I took 2 yesterday including 1 in the evening.  It could be used only occasionally as it was before.  Do I need it at all?  I'm betting yes.  I really should not be sluggish from running 5@7:31 pace followed by a 7 mile Trak Shak loop at an easy pace.

PM- 1 mile on Wisteria in 8:54.  No glutamine before tomorrow's run.  I expect a nice rebound and I don't mean a 3 miler in 25:xx type of rebound.  Then we'll see how 1x glutamine affects me going forward.
Distance=3.0

3/31- STUPID!  Accidentally took an extra glycine and paid the price.  Got through 3 miles and that's all that I will say
Distance=3.0

4/1- COMPLETE INTOLERANCE TO GLYCINE!  I predict that the sensitivity to Vitamin C and others will come back with a vengeance.  I'm afraid it's over.  No resurrection for me.

PM- Forced a junk mile.
Distance=1.0

-27 miles on the week

No comments: