Sunday, April 1, 2018

Ordered Sarcosine

Update: 4/3- I have been unable to run at all the last 3 days.  If this plan fails, it's all over.

Since I discovered Glycine last Fall, I have experienced the following situations:
-Complete intolerance
-Glycine must be taken with PABA at a specific ratio
-Complete intolerance to PABA except for 1 day flares.
-Needed mega doses of Glycine but had an unlimited tolerance.
-Forced to Reduce dosage of Glycine due to limited tolerance yet the need remained present.
-Complete intolerance to glycine again.

Regular readers know that the exact cocktail was necessary and one too many pills for even a single day can trigger a relapse in which I have a flu-like malaise that lingered for several days.

Just to refresh your memory, before glycine, I would get the same type of reactions from something as benign as Calcium or Vitamin C.  I said repeatedly that there is NO REASON why a minute dose (often as small as just a few specks) should trigger such a horrible reaction even if it takes my chemistry in the wrong direction. Yesterday's medicine could be tomorrow's poison so I had to constantly adjust.   Glycine solved that problem but now I cannot tolerate the solution, which is the ULTIMATE IN CRUELTY!  I have little doubt that I still need glycine or else the extreme sensitivity will kick back in with a vengeance after just 1-2 days off it.  It's happened every time I have tried to stop glycine.  I have now come to the conclusion that I need some type of intermediary that aids in the transport and metabolism of glycine.  Sarcosine is the only option left.  Here's what I've found on my research:

"Sarcosine, also known as N-methylglycine, is an intermediate and byproduct in glycine synthesis and degradation. Sarcosine is metabolized to glycine by the enzyme sarcosine dehydrogenase, while glycine-N-methyl transferase generates sarcosine from glycine.

Sarcosine appears to be a glycine transporter 1 inhibitor (GlyT1; present on glial cells and helps regulate glycine concentrations), blocking the reuptake of glycine."

I do not yet fully understand the science behind all of this but as for the first point, I have a strong feeling that one or both enzymes in the synthesis and degradation of glycine are defective.  Perhaps an intermediary amino acid will fix it.  As for the second point, if true, it's exactly what I am looking for.  Regulation of glycine concentrations will enable me to take either small or large doses without seeing much change from an additional pill.

For the last time, all I want out of this is a stable cocktail and adequate energy every day.  Everything else is a bonus.  I have read reports of increased natural testosterone and improved cognitive function.  That would be nice as well.  I will endure another rough week then report back when the Sarcosine arrives.  Again, I do not believe another possible solution will present itself if this plan fails.

No comments: