Monday, March 5, 2018

Training 3/5-3/11

Starting today, if a pill is not essential for me to function, I won't take it and will not experiment anymore no matter what.  3 weeks until Rumpshaker and it's do or die with this formula.

3/5- AM- 3 miles at Gold's in a robust 28:33 (9:31 pace).  This is MINUS 21 compared to yesterday.  Relatively even pace with late rally.  I've been preservative free since Friday but the Berberine could still cause a PABA flare.  HR-136, Cadence-172.  I will probably be back out this evening.

PM- Repeated the 3 mile at the same location.  Time was down to 25:47 (8:36 pace).  MINUS 55.  Even pace and felt significantly better overall than the morning session.  No big deal though.  I've seen this movie hundreds of times.  Will improvement continue or will I be knocked out for good by another relapse?  Tomorrow should be sub-Mendoza but Wednesday could be dicey with the possibility of a PABA flare.  HR-147, Cadence-172.
Grade:D/1 credit/distance=6.0

3/6- Gold's 5 in 38:50 (7:46 pace).  MINUS 50 with 2 extra miles.  Not even close to enough to get excited and I'm still in danger of a PABA flare tomorrow.  Good start, held my own in the mid section then did not need a kick to break 39.  1st half-19:20, 2nd half-19:30.  I'll take it.  HR- 155, Cadence-178.  I'll shoot for 160/180 tomorrow.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=5.0

3/7- No surprise.  The PABA flare did hit today and hit HARD.  Coaxed 1 mile then called it quits.  I've not consumed any benzoates since Friday but the Berberine and possibly the B-5 produce them so the flare hits 3 days after quitting the Berberine.
No grade/distance=1.0

3/8- AM- Double dip relapse on the back side of the PABA flare.  It will take a couple days for it to clear out.  3 miles in 26:24 (8:48 pace) with a slight negative split.  I'll shoot for the Mendoza line this evening.  I'm not drinking any beer until after Rumpshaker.  I can probably get away with it once or twice a week but I am not going to chance it.  HR-135, Cadence-178.  Again, I was going almost all out but as evidenced by the low HR, the top and middle gears were not accessible.

PM- Gold's 3 and my time is down to 23:21 (7:47 pace) MINUS 61.  Even pace and no real complaints but again, this was about as fast as I could go today.  Massive improvement over the morning session in spite of drinking an organic energy drink today.  Today, it probably helped a bit because it boosted my HR to 155.  This proves once and for all that sugar and caffeine are not and never were the problem when used in moderation.  It is the benzoates that I cannot tolerate and must go through withdrawal upon stopping them.  Am I in the clear now?  Doubt it but we shall see.
Grade:C/1 credit/distance=6.0

3/9- Unplanned rest day.  Syntol Probiotics are the culprit this time.  I don't feel so bad about this latest revolting development because I really should have seen it coming.  First, the anti-microbe supp turned bad on me then the Berberine so this should not be a surprise.  The probiotics are not essential for me to function and have not been for quite some time.  Apparently, they produce benzoates so I am at risk of another PABA flare in 3 days.

3/10- AM-Extremely feeble attempt to run.  1 mile in 10:40 on Wisteria.  Probably no better than a 10:20 on a track.  I'll try again this afternoon and will likely be in the 9s by then.  HR-134, Cadence-168.

PM- 2 miles at Gold's and my time is already down to 17:28 (8:44 pace).  HR-145, Cadence-174.  Tomorrow, I hope to go semi-long even if the pace is crap.  By the evening, I may be able to do that.
Distance=3.0

3/11- 5 miles in 42:47 (8:33 pace).  MINUS 11 with 3 additional miles.  I'll take it but I was hoping for a little better.  I did have something left at the end, which is a good sign.  HR-151, Cadence-174.  I could face a PABA flare tomorrow or Tuesday.
Distance=5.0

-26 miles on the week.

No comments: