Monday, November 5, 2018

Training 11/5-11/11

11/5- AM.  Vestavia Mile in 6:34.8.  Best time of the year by 3 seconds.  Splits were 97-1:41-1:43-93 so I finished strong when I had to.  This was MINUS 39 compared to yesterday.  Rate of improvement will be slower from this point on but with steady training, I will chip away at it.  Shooting for a sub-6:30 next time.  Half mile cool.
Update:
With DIM, there are definitely positive changes but my tolerance for protein isn't one of them.  If I eat protein bars regularly, I will need molybdenum again.  The difference is that if I don't eat them, taking the moly won't hurt me as it did before.  That is BIG.

PM- 4 miles on Lakeshore in 31:56 (7:59 pace) plus another half mile cool.  Solid performance.  Effort was in the moderate range.  I did turn it up a notch in the last quarter mile because I wanted the sub-8 overall pace but overall, the pace was pretty even and I never felt too uncomfortable.  Maybe it is time to get serious now.  I've been cheating to test out my tolerance and I don't think it's hurt me too much but over the long haul, it's still not good for me.
Distance=6.0

11/6- Tried 2 DIM pills today but it was still too much of a detox reaction.  I expected to suck bigly out there this evening but surprisingly I wasn't half bad.  Lakeshore 5 in 42:10 (8:26 pace).  Even pace and felt comfortable all the way.  This is probably the pace I should be running on my standard issue workouts given my current fitness level.  Off to a good start in terms of mileage.
Distance=5.0

11/7- Gold's 4 in 34:44 (8:41 pace) plus a long cool that included a couple of fast 200s.  Pace was slower than I wanted but all is still okay.  Once again, I felt comfortable during the run.  Even pace with something left at the end.  I think the mileage is catching up to me.  I'm not accustomed to consistent mileage and it will just take time to adjust.
Distance=5.0

11/8- Repeated the Gold's 4 and improved to a 32:53 (8:13 pace).  Nearly 30 seconds per mile faster than yesterday but I did jack up the effort a bit this time.  A couple of observations: YES, I still need some form of B12 (preferably Liver) as well as methylation support BUT the dosage is flexible and there is no magic ratio either.  The paces won't be much different (plus or minus) if I take an extra dose.  That is a BIG victory.
Distance=4.0

11/9- Planned rest day.  I've earned it.  20 miles in 4 days.  I just want a double digit run tomorrow.

11/10- First BTC run in quite a while.  Survived it but it wasn't pretty.  Finished 10 miles in 99:30 (9:57 pace).  No energy and no power in my legs.  Took extra Taurine and moly afterwards and was noticeably worse.  Mixed feelings about this.  Not pleased at all with the sensitivity but the ill-effects are not nearly as severe as in the past and I was able to survive a double digit run and guarantee a 30 mile week.  DIM may be causing further detox.  Feeling a strange pain in the ass (literally) and lower abdomen.  Yes, that can happen when detoxing so I may have to reduce the DIM temporarily.  May do a junk run tomorrow but it will okay to take the day off.
Distance=10.0

11/11- 2 mile junk run on Wisteria at GARBAGE pace.  It has become obvious that DIM must be reduced at least temporarily.  I still believe it is a detox reaction.  Who knows what I am getting rid of?  It could be cadmium, lead or even arsenic.  Perhaps something else not reported on hair tests. The pain in the ass and lower abdomen has gotten worse today.  It is possible, however unlikely, that the formula specifically for men will be better tolerated.  The one I take now is for both genders.
Distance=2.0

-32 miles on the week. 
If I can manage the detox symptoms, 35 miles per week can be done.  I'll hold it there until the end of the year.

No comments: