Monday, December 3, 2018

Training 12/3-12/9

12/3- No Thym-Adren in the mail so I didn't even try.  It would have been over 27 for 3 miles so why even bother?  Switching from the Men's DIM to the old stuff appears to be a non-factor.  Still over-stimulated on the old stuff but no significant detox reaction.  The detox should be behind me now.

As for the Thym-Adren, there is little doubt that I will improve once I get back on that stuff.  The only real question is my tolerance to it.  Will I need mega doses?  Will there be an optimal dose?  If so, how much will it hurt to take too much?  I really expected the Thym-Adren to arrive today.  Tomorrow, I sure hope so.

12/4- STILL NO THYM-ADREN!  I'm getting worse every day without it.  I placed the order 7 days ago and thought for sure it would be here by today.  I suspect it is out of stock and they never told me.  At any rate, I've ordered another bottle from a different supplier.  I'll get it no later than Friday.  Forget about running.  Just survive the week at work.

12/5- STILL NO!  It must have been out of stock.  The other supplier told me it went out on Tuesday so I should get it no later than Friday.  Again, MAYBE tomorrow.

12/6- YES!  It did arrive.  Finally.  5x400 at Gold's to determine the optimal dose:
0 pills- 2:15.3 (9:01 pace)
1 pill- 1:59.7 (7:58 pace)  MINUS 63
2 pills- 1:50.7 (7:22 pace) MINUS 36
3 pills- 1:43.2 (6:52 pace) MINUS 30
6 pills- 1:50.0 (7:20 pace) PLUS 28
Added a quarter mile cool.
  I was actually glad to see that I lost a step between 3-6 pills.  I bet the optimal dose is 4 pills but I'll confirm it tomorrow.  Someday, the adrenal spike will calm down.  When it does, I'll be back to ADHS and I hope it will be soon.  It might gradually trend down or I could be suddenly forced off.    In the meantime, I will be hurt by excessive pills.  MAYBE, I can get serious next week.
Distance=1.5

12/7- 3x800 at Gold's:
3 pills- 3:52 (7:44 pace)
4 pills- 3:42 (7:24 pace)
5 pills- 3:47 (7:34 pace)
-4 pills it is.  I was noticeably better on 4.  Once again, I believe the formula is set.
Distance=1.5

12/8- Easy 3 miles at Gold's in 27:43 (9:14 pace).  Very poor performance but at least I am not reacting badly to micro doses of any pill.  I'll consider this my starting point.  For the last time, IF I am able to train consistently, I will be running respectable times by the Spring.
Distance=3.0

12/9- Seattle weather continues.  Managed to go 4 miles in 33:40 (8:25 pace).  MINUS 49 over an extra mile.  Felt MUCH better overall but for the 2nd straight day, I faded BADLY on the back half.  Splits were 7:59-8:18-8:42-8:41.  This was still a BIG improvement so I'll take it.
Distance=4.0
-10 miles on the week

No comments: