Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Training 7/15-7/21

7/15- 2 miles in 17:58 (8:59 pace).  Started off decently well but faded early and it got worse and worse as the run progressed.  Splits were 8:28-9:30 and it had slowed to nearly 10 by the end.  Had to push it in the last lap to secure the sub-9 overall.  I was pretty sure that the TRS was the culprit but wasn't sure if the dose was too low or too high.  It was too low.  I felt better after taking it.  Back up to 5 sprays.
Distance=2.0

7/16- 5x400 at Gold's.  I had taken 5 sprays the previous night and it was obviously NOT enough.
0 sprays- 2:32 (10:08 pace)
2 sprays- 2:20 (9:20 pace)
4 sprays- 2:05 (8:20 pace)
6 sprays- 1:55 (7:40 pace)
8 sprays- 1:55 (7:40 pace) fractionally slower.
  Most likely, I need 5 sprays in the morning and the evening!  The crazy thing is that if I was still on the charcoal or the probiotics, I would still need to reduce the TRS.  Got home and ran a lap around Montreat in 2:31 (7:33 pace) AFTER caffeine so I was actually marginally better on it.  I don't think that was the problem last week after all.
Distance=2.0

7/17- Woke up feeling awful without the TRS despite the fact that I had taken 5 sprays just over 12 hours earlier.  I did feel decent during the morning but began fading after lunch.  By the time I got home from work, I only managed a 3:08 lap at Montreat (9:24 pace).  Marginally better with Liver and Glutamine so I don't think that caused the spike in the need for TRS.  Improved to 3:03 (9:09 pace).  Finished the day with 2 miles in 16:56 (8:28 pace) with a negative split (8:37-8:19) AFTER the TRS.  Tomorrow morning, I predict that I will be awful again.
Distance=3.0

7/18- AM- Not as awful as I feared.  Opened with a 2:54 (8:42 pace) lap then improved to 2:24 (7:12 pace) with a stacked deck.  MINUS 90.  That is a night and day difference but it took 5 sprays to do it so if you break it down, it's only 18 per spray.  I expect the gap will continue to diminish but it will be a while before I can go any length of time without the TRS.  Added a lap cool.

PM- 4 miles on Lakeshore after another dose of the sprays.  Finished in 33:20 (8:20 pace).  Tough conditions out there today.  We'll begin seeing relief in about a month.  An improvement over yesterday but I was hoping for better.  Faded considerably on the back half.  I was 16:15 at the half then faded to a 17:05.
Distance=5.0

7/19-AM- Gold's 3 mile in 23:53 (7:58 pace).  Below the Mendoza line but I really had to work for it in that last mile and am not confident that I can handle the longer distances.  Added a cool.  That's it for today.  Weather could be iffy tomorrow so we'll see.
Distance=3.5

7/20- Another FAILED long run.  I knew it would not be pretty so I went out at a conservative 9:40 pace hoping to hold it for 8-10 miles.  I could not even hold it for 2 miles.  Finished with 3 in a time of 32:24 (10:48 pace).   Added a lap at Montreat a couple hours later at a comparable pace.  I'm afraid my need for TRS has spiked again.  Today, it was almost like I didn't take it for a whole day even though I am quite sure that I did.  That could be good news in the long run.  The more sprays I take, the faster the toxins come out.  The bottle will cost me $175/month at the rate I am using it.  I can't afford that long-term and can only hope the need will diminish in time.

PM- This is NUTS!  This time, I DID get benefits from more than 5 sprays at a time.  After 8 sprays this evening, I improved from a 3:13 to a 2:33.  MINUS 2:00 per mile.  Until further notice, I will take as many sprays as I need.  Damn the costs!
Distance=4.5

7/21- 5 miles on Lakeshore in 46:41 (9:20 pace).  Fairly even splits with something left at the end.  Not good by any stretch of the imagination but it was better than yesterday.  It took TEN sprays this morning.  If I had only taken 5, it would have been no better than yesterday.  Maybe even worse.
Distance=5.0

PM- 2 miles at Montreat in 16:31 (8:15 pace).  Feeling a little better.
Distance=2.0

-27 miles on the week.
-YTD-654

No comments: