Monday, July 29, 2019

Training 7/29-8/4 (Race week)

7/29- Good news and bad news.  The good is that the floor continues to rise rapidly.  I opened with a 2:30 without the TRS (7:30 pace).  Didn't run the closer but I have no doubt that the gap is down to no more than 90 seconds, maybe even as little as 60.  It won't be long until I can get by for a day or two without the TRS. I still need at least 2 large doses per day but the ill-effect of a missed dose are not nearly as severe.

 Bad news is that the ceiling has not come up like I hoped it would.  Did 3 miles at Gold's WITH TRS and started off pretty well but faded early.  Finished in 26:36 (8:52 pace).  It's possible that the long run hit me 2 days later, which is common.  Still, I'm not satisfied with my overall energy levels even with the TRS.  I'm afraid that there is still a missing piece.  I'm willing to try Mucuna (dopamine) and Juice Plus but that's it.
Distance=3.5

7/30- Modest improvement but I was hoping for better.  Finished another 3 miler at Gold's in 25:51 (8:37 pace) MINUS 15 plus a half mile cool.  I knew yesterday that something felt off and today confirmed it.  I was MUCH WORSE after extra TRS today.  That dosage has fluctuated AGAIN!  Nothing should surprise me anymore but I am BEYOND ANGRY!  I probably won't be able to run tomorrow because the mega dose won't clear yet.
Distance=3.5

-Finished with 25 miles on the week.  I'm not going to say anything about the race but I did finish and state #42 is in the books.

No comments: