Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Training 7/8-7/14

7/8- Very tired.  Hopefully, I'm just worn out from the travel.  Managed only 1 mile plus a cool at the gym.  Time was approaching 12 minutes.  No excuses with the pills now.
Distance=1.5

7/9-AM- 1 mile at Montreat in 10:40.  Feeling a little better.
PM- 2 miles at Gold's in 17:54 (8:57 pace) plus a half mile cool.  Splits were 9:05-8:49.  Getting better every time.
Distance=3.5

7/10- Similar to yesterday.  I was horrible in the morning then less bad in the evening.  Did the Trak Shak 3 mile loop in 26:45 (8:55 pace) and I'll call the morning session a 1 mile warm.  I suspect caffeine withdrawal is the culprit and if so I'll be a lot better tomorrow.  Strangely, after starting the TRS, my tolerance improved a great deal.  I could be peeling off more layers.
Distance=4.0

7/11- Day 3- The withdrawal symptoms diminished and I feel noticeably better today.  I fought some cravings but stayed strong.  AM- 3 miles in 25:14 (8:25 pace).  PM- 3 miles in 23:57 (7:59 pace).  Each time, splits were pretty even.  Rallied from 3 ticks down in the afternoon to come in under the Mendoza line.
Distance=6.0

7/12- AM- 2 mile junk run on Montreat.  No watch.  Didn't feel all that good but I'm not worried.  That's it for today,  Need to be fresh if I want to go long tomorrow.
Distance=2.0

7/13- AM- FAIL!  Didn't even try.  I OD'ed on TRS by mistake and I'll be worthless for the rest of the day.  I'll just have to wait until my system demands it again.  Then, I MUST reduce the dosage.
PM- Forced myself to go 1 mile in 12:50.  OUCH!
Distance=1.0

7/14- VERY IMPORTANT DISCOVERY.  Syntol Probiotics reduce my tolerance for TRS!  That's why my tolerance was limited this week.  I had to look back at posts from 2017 and found that the probiotics TEMPORARILY reduced my sensitivity but it was another false hope.  Given the choice between the 2, it's the TRS.  No question.  Yes, TRS does also improve gut health so the probiotics are completely unnecessary.  Another bottle to be pitched!  I did run 2 miles worth of intervals today to test my tolerances.  Times were embarrassingly slow.
Distance=2.0

-20 miles on the week.  YTD-627

No comments: