Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Training 4/15-4/21

 4/15-  Good news and bad news and it is exactly what I expected.  Taurine is tolerated once again thanks to Colostrum.  I was actually slightly better with than without.  I now have an insatiable need for Colostrum.  1 pill brought me from a 1:39 to a 1:25 but a few hours later, I needed more just to function.  No evening workout.

Distance-0.5

4/16- Coaxed 1.5 at Lakeshore in 17:41 (11:47 pace).  This is what I expected.  I should be a lot better by the weekend but I expect new problems after that.  Candida dump and/or adrenal spike.  Pace was pretty even.  Do I still need the Probiotics or the CBS/NOS?  I'll find out soon.

PM- Probiotics did arrive today.  Maybe they can stop the Taurine sensitivity but they are not as effective as the Colostrum.  Probiotics did little to relieve the need for Colostrum.  Did 1 mile worth of intervals using Colostrum.  Overall time was 10:26 with splits of 3:53-3:27-3:06.  Taking extra Probiotics afterwards did nothing.  I'm going with Colostrum.  I predict that the CBS/NOS will be ineffective.

Distance-2.5

4/17- 2 miles on Lakeshore in 20:52 (10:26 pace).  Big improvement over yesterday.  I'll take it.  Part of me was hoping to see a 9:xx pace but it's probably better that I am improving more gradually.  Feels more stable.  Strong negative split (10:40-10:12) without really trying to pick it up.  

Distance-2.0

4/18- COLLAPSE!  I knew it before I started but coaxed 1 mile in 12:45.  The culprit was Taurine. Colostrum helped but it wasn't enough.  This raises more questions.  

Is it just Taurine that I can't tolerate or is it all Sulfur containing amino acids?

Can I handle occasional Taurine to prevent mineral sensitivity?   Did this happen because I drank an energy drink yesterday?

Do I still need the Taurine after starting the Colostrum?

PM- interesting findings.  Opened with a 3:23 lap at Montreat after taking Colostrum during the day.  Some of the damage was mitigated but not nearly enough.  Half lap intervals after that.  

1:39 on NAC- That stuff is loaded with Sulfur and it was tolerated.  I was actually slightly better.  That tells me that Taurine is the problem, NOT Sulfur.  

1:37 on Curcumin- Not enough to be considered significant.  I'll probably finish the bottle and be done with it.  It was once effective against Candida but it's now a non-factor.

1:37 on CBS NOS- As expected, a non-factor.  I knew it when the NAC was tolerated.

1:26 on Colostrum- that IS SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER.  

Distance-2.0

Colostrum is my best chance.  I can only hope that I won't have to mess with Taurine.  I've read that Colostrum contains both Taurine and Lactoferrin so that may be my best option for autoimmune issues.

4/19- Only 1 mile this time at Montreat.  Improved to 10:20, which is a LOT better than yesterday's 12:45 but I can't say that I am pleased.  Even pace but very sluggish.

Distance-1.0

4/20- Junk run in NYC

Distance-1.0

4/21- Unplanned rest day.  Candida dump

-9 miles

No comments: