Monday, April 8, 2024

Training 4/8-4/14

 4/8 AM- Vestavia Mile in 7:30.0 (PR).  Can't cheat on this one.  I didn't break it but I hit it right on the nose. It was an interesting session.  

I tried to go with the modulator and it was immediately apparent that it was not strong enough.  Passed 200 in 58.8 then was only 1 second better on extra pills.  I considered it my warmup and went with the Thym-Adren.  

Felt good early and decided the attempt was on.  Pacing was even worse than last time.  1:46-1:57-1:59-1:48.  Normally laps 2-3 are about 5 seconds slower than my first and last lap. NOT 12-13!   Surprised that I had this much left at the end but then again, I was going for a PR.  I thought I'd see a 7:32 or 33 at the line.  I didn't expect the 7:30.  

If anything, the Thym Adren needs to be increased from 2 pills to 3.  My legs have decent pop but I am easily winded and fade early after a good start 

PM- Easy 2 on Lakeshore in 17:58 (8:59 pace).  Splits were 9:02-8:56.  Didn't try to pick it up to get the sub-9.  I just found a better rhythm on the back half.  Did okay but it's clear that the dose needs to be increased from 2 to 3 Thym Adren.  Once again, the legs were strong but the cardio was weak.

Distance-3.5

4/9- Failed the 5K.  Passed 800 meters in 4:27, which isn't terrible but I was fading (2;08-2:19) and knew it would get ugly, so I bailed.  Took Tylenol when I got home and fared no better at Montreat.  That tells me it's not an autoimmune reaction.  I couldn't remember if I took the Thym Adren or not.  I bet I didn't and it's nothing more than that.  Concerned but no panic or doom yet.  Odds are that's it for today.  Bad weather is in the forecast.

Distance-1.0

4/10- Thym Adren is not the problem.  Caffeine is.  I actually thought it helped me recover from the 10K last Saturday but too much is BAD.  Coaxed 1.5 on Lakeshore this morning in 18:15 (12:10 pace).  Passed halfway in 9:06 then popped 2 Thym Adren and fared no better on the back half.  For the last time, though I shouldn't consume that stuff, the reaction should not be THIS BAD!!  Losing 20 seconds per mile because of a daily habit?  Understandable.  3+ minutes after a binge?  NO.  That should not happen!  I may face nasty withdrawals in the coming days.  Rain is likely this evening.

PM- Break in the weather enabled me to squeeze in 1 Mile at Montreat.  MUCH BETTER.  Finished in 9:28 when I simply hoped to get close to 10:00.  Even pace but not much left.  I've got a ways to go and am not out of the woods yet but hope to be able to go long this weekend.

Distance-2.5

4/11- Unplanned rest day.  Withdrawal hit hard.

4/12- Adrenal spike was brief.  I overshot and now it's calmed down.  Montreat Mile in 10:52.  I have gained a lot of respect for back of the pack runners.  This one hurt so much more than the 7:30 on Monday.  I'll be somewhat better tomorrow.

Distance -1.0

4/13- 2 miles on New Lakeshore.  A few more rollers on this one but it's a nice route.  Coaxed 2 miles in 20:44 (10:22 pace).  Improvement over yesterday but expected better.  Splits were 10:16-10:28 and my legs were killing me.

Distance-2.0

4/14-Caffeine was probably NOT the problem after all.  It was the Taurine.  Yes, that's right.  The very same stuff that cured the Zinc/Copper sensitivity is now causing problems!  Fortunately, I can mitigate the ill-effects with either Probiotics, CBS/NOS or Colostrum.  I know that Colostrum is effective but I may see an insatiable need tomorrow.  Improved from a 1:57 to a 1:18 on just 2 pills.  I may go with one of those 3 or some combinations.

Distance-1.0

-11 miles on the week 

No comments: