Monday, April 29, 2024

Training 4/29-5/5

 4/29- AM- Aimed for 2 miles on Lakeshore but had to settle for 1 in 11:22.  Culprit was an adrenal spike and I did expect it to happen.  I think I made the right call not messing with the NAC.  I think the Candida dump has run its course.  

PM- The adrenal spike was quick and I may not have even noticed if not for the run.  In any event, I did overshoot but the recovery has already begun.  Did 1 mile at Montreat this time and improved bigly.  Finished in 8:50 with a solid finish (4:31-4:19).  I expect to be not horrible tomorrow.

Distance-2.0

4/30- Step backwards but not overly concerned.  1.5 miles in 15:35 (10:23 pace).  Even splits but no power.  Probably caffeine withdrawal and nothing more than that.

Distance-1.5

5/1- Experiment with fewer pills is over.  I know that I need the Lactoferrin.  The amount in the Colostrum is not enough.  I probably need the Magnesium but I may be able to reduce it if I limit sugar and don't take Cal.  The Probiotics are probably NOT needed.  

Distance-1.0

5/2- More experiments.  Even with the Taurine, the Zinc/Copper ratio is off.  That's okay.  I should be a little off when my pills are out of whack.  A complete collapse should not happen.  I was weakened by a Mountain Dew but bounced back thanks to Magnesium.  I was also weakened by extra Zinc but bounced back thanks to extra Thym-Adren.

Distance-2.0

5/3-AM- Lakeshore 1 mile in 10:07.  Passed half in 5:21 but improved to 4:46 on extra Thym-Adren.  Still feel off.  Tried extra Colostrum when I got home and improved bigly.  Popped 2 of those and improved from a 1:37 to a 1:16.  (MINUS 2:06 per mile).

PM- Weakened again by caffeine even though it was sugar free.  This time, Colostrum did little good.  Splits were 3:18-3:14, just a hair faster than 10:00 pace and not significantly better than the morning.

Distance-2.0

5/4- Realized that the problem was lack of Glycine and was MUCH better today.  Vestavia Mile in 7:50, within shouting distance of my PR of 7:30.  This one was very well paced.  Splits were 1:57-1:59-2:00-1:54.  Caffeine did not hurt me this time.

Distance-1.5

5/5- North Lakeshore 5K in 27:03 (PR). Pace per mile of 8:41.  Splits were 13:20-13:43.  Tied up pretty badly in the last half mile but I am still very pleased with this.  Added a long cool down.

Distance-4.0

14 miles on the week.  Best time of the year in 2024 is better than last year at 3 out of 4 distances.

No comments: