Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Training 1/11-1/17

 I am going to have to write another week off as a loss.  In the words of Brothers Osbourne, It Ain't My Fault.  I said previously that I am unsure if I still need to Lactoferrin.  After 7 days off it, it has become apparent that I do.  Not a big surprise.  It's just like the others.  5-7 days off, no problems noticed.  Any more than that is.  I ran out of pills on 1/5 and I HAD ORDERED IT AFTER GETTING BACK FROM CANCUN!  According to the tracking, the package arrived in Birmingham on 1/5 and is STILL listed as "in transit" to its destination.  Again, it ain't my fault that I ran out.  Who knows when I will receive it?  Another company took a full month to deliver NADH!  I ordered a backup bottle from Amazon, which SUPPOSEDLY will arrive by Friday.  

Any workouts?

1 mile worth of junk on both Monday and Tuesday, which is not helping me at all.  I've only got about 10 weeks until Salisbury, Maryland so time is running out to gain fitness.  I was really hoping this week would be the start of steady and serious training but that has to wait yet again.  Will the race actually go off in Salisbury?  I have my doubts.  If not, that makes 2 years in a row.  What started as 2-4 weeks to flatten the curve will drag on for at least an entire year.  

1/16- Pills arrived today and got immediate improvement that was followed by an adrenal spike.  Workout was 3xl laps at Montreat.  Took 1 ADHS pill after lap 1 and lap 2.  Splits were 3:56-3:12-2:36.  The gap is an even 4 minutes between the opener and the closer (11:48 vs 7:48) and I'm betting that I had more improvement in me if I had taken more pills

1/17- Planned rest day.  If I can barely hold a sub-8 for 1/3 of a mile, it doesn't portend well for an actual workout.

-Only 3 miles on the week.  YTD-25

No comments: