Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Training 1/18-1/24

 1/18-1 mile junk run on the grounds of the Parthenon in Nashville.  Finished in 8:03 with a significant negative split then added a half mile cool.  It's a start.  

Distance=1.5

1/19- Lakeshore 2.5 bottom leg.  Finished in 23:30 (9:24 pace).  That's about what I expected.  Took 3 ADHS in the morning but none in the afternoon.  Probably could have done better if I had taken more in the afternoon but I prefer the slower path and more stability.  Even pace but not a whole lot left at the end.  1st half- 11:48, 2nd half- 11:42.

Distance=2.5

1/20- Lakeshore 4 in 36:41 (9:10 pace).  This matches my longest run of the year.  Slow and steady progress is exactly what I am looking for.  Unless you look closely, you can't even tell that the hour hand on a clock is moving.  Come back 6 hours later and it's completely on the opposite position.  If I can avoid a relapse and train steadily for 6 months, I'll be in an entirely different place physically, mentally, emotionally.  So many things will be reversed.

Distance=4.0

1/21-AM- 1 mile on Montreat in 9:45 WITHOUT pills.  Much less horrible than the end of last week.  The adrenal spike to going down but I've still got a ways to go.

PM- Lakeshore 3 in 26:13 (8:44 pace).  Satisfactory.  Today, I went out faster but struggled a bit down the stretch.  1st half- 12:58, 2nd half- 13:15.  This is equivalent to about a 27:18 for 5K, which is within the margin of error of my best of the year (26:54).  I'm sure that I would be comfortably beaten yesterday over an extra mile so I'm continuing to take baby steps every day.  Could have gone longer but want to keep this week's total around 20.

Distance=4.0

1/22- Slow and Naked 1.5 mile jog at Montreat.  Legs are more tired than expected but then again, I'm no longer used to steady running.  If I can manage 6.5 on Sunday, I'll hit 20 on the week, which is what I was shooting for.

Distance=1.5

1/23- Planned rest day.

1/24- 10K on the Silver Comet Trail.  It wasn't pretty but I am on the board at this distance.  Finished in 58:40 (9:26 pace) with a slight negative split.  29:30-29:10 but the trail is slightly sloped so that's to be expected.  I was on pace for about a 2:04-flat for a half.  I had more in me than this but another 7 miles?  I don't think so.   Added a warm to make the distance target.

It wasn't pretty but I hit the mileage target and have managed to avoid a collapse.  However, if I don't see significant improvement soon, I may have to up my dose.

Distance= 20.0.  YTD- 45

No comments: