Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Training 6/28-7/4

 6/28-AM- Lakeshore 2 mile in 18:40 (9:20 pace).  Big improvement over yesterday with splits of  9:31-9:09.  I'm staying with 6 Thym-Adren and no Curcumin.  In theory, this should do it but it never works in practice.

PM- 3 miles at Canterbury in 26:18 (8:46 pace).  Continued steady improvement but I got the sense that I might be stymied in the 25s, which is not nearly good enough.  This was a hilly route and certainly translates to a sub-26 at Lakeshore.  Without stand alone B-12, I probably won't collapse but I may not improve much either.  We shall see what happens this week before I make any decisions.

Distance=5.0

6/29- 2 miles on Lakeshore in 19:42 (9:51 pace).  Splits were 10:36-9:06.  Took Liver Beef at the turnaround point, which is clearly what made the difference.  A fruit and veggie supp called Texas Superfood was the culprit this time.  I got better after taking the Liver because it is a good source of B-12.  More details to come in a separate post.

Distance=2.0

6/30- SUCKED again.  Hoped to run 3 on Lakeshore and had to settle for 1 in a time of 10:44.  Splits were 4:53-5:51.  OUCH!  I pin the blame on the confirmation dose of Texas Superfood.  This time, even the Liver Beef didn't make much of a difference.  It's becoming increasingly clear that I need the stand alone B-12 after all.

Distance=1.0

7/1- AM- 1 mile at Montreat in 9:42.  An improvement but I really was hoping for better after nearly 36 hours off the TX Superfood.  I need hydroxy or adenosyl B-12 and neither is sold in stores so I have to order it and hope the shipment is not delayed.  

PM- Interesting.  I was hoping that I could tolerate a little bit of methyl B-12 even though it is not good for my genetic profile.  It did work out.  I was noticeably better immediately after taking it.  It showed in the run too as I managed a 3:52 for a half mile at Montreat (7:44 pace).  However, I was noticeably weaker after a 2nd such pill.  I was still better on 2 than without any.  I'll just have to be careful with the methyl B-12 until the Adenosyl arrives.

Distance=1.5

Reaction:  

I am virtually CERTAIN that the B-12 would have enabled tolerance to Texas Superfood.  Unfortunately, that bottle is empty.  I feel that I should test it out with Curcumin and CoQ10 but that will wait until next week when the Adenosyl comes.  One other thing that I am willing to try is something called Intrinsic Factor, which is a stomach protein that enables B-12 absorption.  I've got that plus the Fulvic acid to try before I see a "real doctor"

7/2-Planned rest day.  Flight to Philly and drive to Wildwood, New Jersey.

7/3- 3 miles on the Wildwood boardwalk.  Finished in 27:54 (9:18 pace) but faded down the stretch and could not have gone any longer.  Adrenals are spiking again.

Distance=3.0

7/4- 1 mile on the boardwalk in 10:30.  Without pills, I ran the first half in 5:40 but improved to 4:50 with more Thym-Adren.

Distance=1.5

-14 miles on the week

No comments: