Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Training 6/7-6/13

 6/7- Tough drive back from Louisville.  No time to run.

6/8- Did a 7:52 mile last week but after a full weekend on Thym-Adren, I fared no better today.  It took a late rally on the last lap just to match last week's time.  I'm afraid that I will have to increase the dose.  I'll give it another week.

Distance=1.0

6/9-Terrible intervals at Montreat.  The only positive was that I was only 15 seconds better per lap with the Thym-Adren versus without it.  That's 45 per mile.  The extreme dependence is gone but it will probably take a while before I can miss a weekend without significant ill-effects.  Treated lap 3 as a cool.

Distance=1.0

6/10- AM- 1 mile at Montreat in 10:52.  Splits of 5:33-5:19.  No comments needed.

PM- 2 miles on Lakeshore in 17:58 (8:59 pace).  A last quarter mile rally got me home with a sub-9 pace.  I'll take it.

Distance=3.0

6/11- Hoped to run 3 but settled for a repeat of yesterday evening.  Time has improved to 16:54 (8:27 pace).  Splits were 8:37-8:17.  Not a yuge difference from day to day but I want the slow and steady improvement.

PM- Drank a 20 oz Pepsi and slipped just a tad.  Half mile in 4:22 (8:44 pace).  Barely perceptible difference in how I felt but the improvement from session to session has STOPPED.  I am fighting the urge to buy another one but I am staying strong.  Added a cool to make it even.

Distance=3.0

No comments: