Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Curcumin Relapse

Last weekend, I reacted TERRIBLY to Curcumin.  I most probably do not need that stuff anyway so it’s not that big of a deal.  Still, the fact that it happened makes me feel uneasy.  Again, a couple of doses of a pill SHOULD NOT cause significant harm even if it is wrong for your chemistry.  I had not been taking it regularly, only occasionally until the bottle was finished.  Why did it happen?  The smart money is on excess sulfur and methyl donation because I got noticeable relief after taking a CBS/NOS pill.  It could be that I need stand alone B-12 after all.  The amount in the CBS/NOS and B-complex may not be enough.  With the extra B-12, I probably tolerate Curcumin and Co-Q10 and may even benefit from them.  A few weeks ago, I had trouble with B-12 but that was because I had insufficient Lithium for transport.  That’s been resolved by taking just one ADHS pill in addition to the heavy dose of Thym-Adren. 

Plan Going Forward:

I’m going without B-12 for the time being but if I can’t break 25 for 3 miles very soon, I’m going back to it.  Again, with just a trace of Lithium, I should not have any problems with it.  After that, I may or not re-assess my need and tolerance for CoQ10 and Curcumin.  If I don’t see significant benefit from either of them, there is no reason to take them.  I prefer to save space in my cabinet as well as money. 

If I am still not satisfied with my progress, I have one last resort, which is Fulvic Acid.  I don’t know much about it, but it is intended to replace minerals depleted by poor soil and processed foods.  Do I see a “real doctor”?  It is highly doubtful that will help but as a last resort, I’d give it a try.  Symptoms and tolerance for pills will almost certainly be different between the time I select a doctor and when I get the first appointment.  I’d give it a 90 percent chance that they find nothing wrong and prescribe anti-depressants, which I refuse to take.  I’ve tried 2 classes of them before and it only made things worse. 

Update:

I had a very bad day yesterday and the culprit was extra doses of Texas Superfood (fruit and veggie supp).  I just finished the bottle and will not re-order.  It was another case of taking it to get rid of it rather than waste it.  For the record, I did not exceed the dose listed on the label, just my usual low dose.  This product is entirely food based but does contain a small amount of Curcumin.  The opening mile was a horrid 10:36 but after taking 2 Liver Beef pills, which is a strong source of B-12, my pace improved to 9:06 on the back half.  I took the last 2 Texas Superfood pills in the bottle when I got home and felt noticeably WORSE.  I didn’t need to run to test it out.  Even though I don’t need this product, the fact that I reacted this badly to a food-based supplement is a sure sign that something is wrong.  It has become clear that I need that stand-alone B-12 and will alternate it with the Liver.  As long as I take the trace of Lithium in the ADHS, I should not have any trouble with B-12 in any form.  Do I need the CoQ10 and Curcumin?  I hope not but if I do need either of them, the B-12 should enable tolerance. 

WILL THIS EVER END??  

No comments: