Thursday, August 19, 2021

Lithium, B12 and Intrinsic Factor

 After I discovered the Manganese deficiency, I switched from ADHS (adrenal modulator) to Thym-Adren (adrenal suppressant) because of an adrenal spike.  Actually, I don’t believe it caused the adrenals to spiral out of control.  Rather, it revealed long standing fast oxidation that ADHS was not strong enough to treat.  I consider it a success.  In a recent trial, I found that 5 Thym-Adren pills were no more effective than 3 and I believe that I no longer have an “extreme dependence” on those pills.  In other words, if I forget to pack them on a weekend trip, I will NOT completely fall apart.   Again, ALL I ever wanted out of this is the same reaction to the rest of my pills but it’s always just one that is enough to make my life miserable. 

When it comes to B12, I am getting better without those pills but still would not dare to even try going just 1 day without those.  Like I said in my last post, it’s not so simple as taking mega doses of B12 until the deficiency corrects itself.  The stomach protein called Intrinsic Factor is required for proper absorption.  Yes, I still do believe that lack of Intrinsic Factor was responsible for the bad reactions to the food-based veggie supplement called Texas Superfood.   Sufficient Lithium is required for B12 transport into the cells or else it will just pool in the blood.  ATP is required for Lithium transport or else it will be wasted in the urine. 

ADHS contains just a trace of Lithium.  After maybe a week or so of taking Thym-Adren instead of ADHS, I found myself intolerant to B12.  This was BEFORE I discovered Intrinsic Factor.  However, after adding back just ONE ADHS pill, I was immediately much better.  Good thing I did not pitch that bottle.  I surmised that I needed it ONLY because of its trace amount of Lithium.  Adding stand alone Lithium on top of the ADHS?  No effect either way.  Same with the ATP.  My times for 1 lap at Montreat were the same with or without them give or take maybe 1-2 seconds.   

I was running low on ADHS but still had an older bottle of stand-alone Lithium.  I figured that I would finish the ADHS bottle then switch temporarily to the stand-alone Lithium until I ran out of it.  BAD call there!  Even with the usual B12 dosage, I found myself worse off with Lithium that I was on no pills at all.  I know it was the Lithium because a confirmation dose made things noticeably worse immediately.  To clarify, the Lithium that I was taking was a food-based supplement from vegetable culture.  It is NOT nearly the same as the prescription to treat bipolar disorder.  A bad reaction to the prescription is understandable.  A reaction to low doses of a food based supplement?  NO!   That is reason #622 why I do not want the experimental COVID vackseen! 

This revolting development raises several questions.  First, I really thought the Intrinsic Factor plus B12 would protect against these unexplained bad reactions.  Maybe not.  I’m betting that I can still tolerate Texas Superfood though I have not actually tried it.  Too much of any mineral is NEVER a good thing.  Loading on Liver Beef will raise Copper but crash Zinc even in a healthy person.  That’s not a good thing and yes, it will cause symptoms.  Let’s say that a person takes 50K of B12, which is more than double my daily need.  There’s a good chance of a not so pleasant reaction.  Perhaps my Lithium levels are just too high, and this is NOT a case of unexplained ultra-sensitivity. 

Second, what to make of the need for ADHS?  Now, I’m not sure it was the Lithium that caused me to feel better.  Perhaps, there is another ingredient in there that I need, which is most probably an herb.  I have re-ordered it and it will arrive between 8/20-8/24.  That should be enough time to assess my need and tolerance before race day on 8/29.  I expect improvements once the Lithium clears but will I get back to the new norm without ADHS?  Will I tolerate the trace of Lithium in the ADHS?  Will I feel better as a result of the mystery herbal ingredient?  Perhaps the Intrinsic Factor has eliminated the need for Lithium.  That would be nice.  In that case, I can pitch the ATP, Lithium and ADHS.  It’s possible but highly unlikely that I need a course of ATP.  Again, a couple of trials with ATP had no effect on my times nor my tolerance for Lithium.  I’ll confirm that after I get back from Maine.  I’d like to re-assess my tolerance for Lithium after a couple weeks off it before I pitch that bottle. 

I took extra Intrinsic Factor last night and though I had no immediate reaction, I felt AWFUL just a couple hours later.  I had to lay down for about hour and tried to eat but could not.  Since Lithium is involved with B12 transport and Intrinsic Factor is involved in absorption, I suppose it is possible that the Intrinsic Factor revealed the excess Lithium, and it will just take time to clear.  

No comments: