Friday, September 10, 2021

Intrinsic Factor and Pernicious Anemia Test Results and Reaction

 

I said almost nothing about the race in Maine.  I wasn’t completely unprepared this time around.  I did have 2 10 milers under my belt including a strong finish after taking a booster pill at 7.5 miles.    I felt quite comfortable at 8:45 pace for the first 2.5 miles.  Things began to unravel near the end of Mile 3 but taking booster pills of Intrinsic Factor and Methyl B12 allowed me to hold it together for another 6 miles.  My strategy was very conservative.  I took short walk breaks on every big hill to guard against a late meltdown.  It didn’t work.   Just before the 9 mile mark, it felt like I was hit by a truck and the last 5K took nearly 45 minutes despite this section being mostly flat.  I won’t even say how bad my time was, but I don’t really care about that.  As I’ve said many times, all I EVER wanted out of this journey was a stable cocktail without an extreme need for any one pill.  If I had taken another round of booster pills in Mile 9, I almost certainly finish a lot more respectably.  That most definitely qualifies as an extreme need.  NOT acceptable. 

Things actually got worse after I got home.  I ran out of Adenosyl B-12 but thought I could get by on Methyl B12 alone.  Nope.  They must be taken together or else.  Also, I could not tolerate B12 without Intrinsic Factor.   One positive development is that my need for B12 seems to have diminished.  Yes, I still need 10K mcg but I got little to no benefit beyond that.  Mega mega doses up to 30K were also tolerated.  I was no better than 10K but no worse either.  Intrinsic Factor is another matter.  1 or 2 of those pills is NOT enough.  I need 3+. 

I found a test for Intrinsic Factor Antibodies online and I REALLY wish that I had found it just before I started supplementing with it.  The normal range is 0.0-1.10.  My results came in yesterday and guess what?  1.10!  Just 0.01 higher and it would have been flagged as abnormal.  Again, this test was done WITH treatment.  No doubt that it would have been flagged without it.  This is the standard test for Pernicious Anemia. 

How do I feel about this?  Mixed feelings.  Part of me was hoping for an off the scale bad result because it would have fully explained what has been going on for years.  Also, in the event of a vackseen mandate, I probably would have qualified for a medical exemption.  Now, I’m not so sure.  I can try.  I will explain that my case is borderline even WITH treatment and am still vulnerable to inexplicable reactions to benign substances.  The good news is that there is a high probability that I can control this with supplements rather than having to resort to B12 injections.  If I do have to take the vackseen to keep my job, I feel better about my chances to come away unscathed if my Intrinsic Factor is normalized. 

On the other hand, given my history and many other false hopes, I have little confidence that this is my last battle.  I do suspect that there could be other auto-immune issues in play.  In order to rule that out, I will have to see a “real doctor.”  Can I trust them to order the right tests?  Probably not.  If this Intrinsic Factor test was done 16 years ago, I could have been healed long ago.  Yes, I still would have had to go through treatment for Adrenal Fatigue, Iron Overload and Toxic Metal elimination but it would not have been NEARLY as difficult and complex.  I will NEVER know how good of a runner I could have been if fully healthy in my 30s. 

COVID cases are surging in Israel and the United Kingdom in spite of each country having among the highest vacksination rates in the world.  Vackseen mandates will inevitably lead to booster mandates every 8 months indefinitely until COVID is contained.  What is their definition of contained?  It will never be zero.  If you had a bad reaction to a previous dose, too bad.  You still have to take the booster.  Seriously, that’s exactly what Big Pharma wants.  99 percent of those hospitalized are unvacksinated?  That’s a lie.  It’s more like 75 percent.  Don’t get me started on Ivermectin. 

No comments: