Sunday, September 12, 2021

Update to Pernicious Anemia

 New week and new formula.  What else is new?  

The news is mostly good.  I am becoming less dependent on BOTH the B12 and Intrinsic Factor.  Today, I only took 1 Intrinsic Factor pill instead of my usual 3 and still improved my pace.  I'm betting that if I continue on this path and get re-tested for Pernicious Anemia in a few more weeks, I will edge into the normal range.  Maybe 0.9ish instead of 1.10, which is the upper limit of "normal" in this lab.  Perhaps other labs will flag 1.0 and above because lab "normals" do vary.  In this case, the midpoint is not the ideal value.  You want to be as close to ZERO as possible.  A value of 0.8 or 0.9 is far from ideal but will probably not trigger serious symptoms.  

About 3 weeks ago, I was COMPLETELY INTOLERANT to Lithium.  ADHS contains just a trace of it and the source is vegetable culture, not the Carbonate given to bipolar patients.  I could NOT tolerate even 1 of those pills the weekend before Maine.  Yesterday, I tested my reaction to it and was pleased with the results.  I ran an 85 second half lap on Montreat without it then popped a pill and managed an 87 with it.  That amounts to 12 seconds per mile and is not enough to be considered significant.  A mega dose?  I didn't try it but I predict that I would have been weakened but not totally worthless.  I don't need the Lithium or the ATP so I will pitch both of those bottles but keep the ADHS in case I need it instead of Thym-Adren down the road.  This is definitely a sign of improvement.   

Bad news is that my adrenals have spiked, which is a common occurrence after solving a major problem.  I tried to run on Friday afternoon and passed the half mile in an abysmal 5:57 (11:54 pace).  However, after popping 2 additional Thym-Adren pills (adrenal suppressant), I was down to a less horrific 5:07 (10:14 pace) for an overall time of 11:04.  Yesterday, I upped it to 2 miles in 19:44 (9:52 pace) and today's workout was 3 miles in 26:51 (8:57 pace).  Steady progress with increased distance and faster paces.  However, it required 6 Thym-Adren pills to do each workout.  Without any of those suckers, I would have been TOTAL CRAP!  It's way too soon to celebrate.  I need to get to the point in which I am able to get through a whole weekend without any pills AND a month without any major alterations to my formula.  Only then will I allow myself to believe that I'm beating this.  

Will I see a "real doctor"?  Leaning towards a YES on that.  I will at least TRY to get a medical exemption in the event of an employer vackseen mandate.  IMO, I certainly should be entitled to one.  I am borderline anemic, which was confirmed by a "legitimate" medical test.  That does indeed put me at increased risk of a blood clot.  Also, the Intrinsic Factor antibodies damage the lining of my stomach.  If there is a substance that my system cannot process because of that, the results could be DISASTROUS!  Still, the fact that my numbers are likely edging into the normal range gives me at least some confidence that I can get through unscathed.  However, I am NOT convinced that this is the only thing wrong with me and definitely want to rule out other auto-immune conditions. 

Vackseen mandates will inevitably lead to booster mandates.  If Big Pharma had their way, the unvacksinated would be virtually cut off from mainstream society.  Don't want to take a 3rd or 4th shot because of a scary reaction to your 1st or 2nd?  Too bad.  Personal stories about serious side effects are being censored by Big Tech and hospitals are banned from prescribing Ivermectin.  A Rutgers University student was banned from ONLINE classes because he is unvacksinated.  I never knew that a computer screen could transmit a virus.   How do you not see a hidden agenda here?  There is talk about a mandate to board DOMESTIC plane flights and I had to cancel a hotel reservation in Maine because of the vackseen or negative test requirement.  Vacation Races has announced a vackseen requirement to participate in their events.  The Pfizer shot is only 42 percent effective against the Delta variant and the original shot will likely be useless come next summer.  

I'm actually okay with more stringent testing requirements but the same set of rules should apply regardless of your vacksination status.  Under what circumstances would I take the shot given the current efficacy and survival rates?  If it is necessary to keep my job, it is really no choice.  I'm too young to retire and will never find another job that pays as well and has a pension program.  A mandate to board a flight?  I'll still try to hold off for at least a few years.  There are many good destinations reachable within a 2 day drive, including my parents.  A nationwide hotel mandate?  In that case, I have no choice.  Again, suppose at some future date there is a pandemic with a 5+ percent chance of death or permanent disability.  If that vaccine is safe and virtual guarantees that you won't get sick or spread the virus, I'll take the shot and I'm betting that there will be little hesitance on the part of others as well. 

UPDATE:

It was clear by the afternoon today that I need at least 2 Intrinsic Factor pills.  At this stage, I would never last a full weekend without them.  That could be good news for now though.  If I go to the doctor's office, I will show him how much of a reaction I get to just 1 pill.  Then, maybe he won't write me off as a nutjob and actually order the proper tests.  

   


No comments: