Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Training 9/20-9/26

 NASTY ADRENAL SPIKE!  I upped the probiotics and have been drinking nothing but water.  This time, I have a different strategy to deal with the spike.  I will not attempt to knock it out by taking mega doses of Thym-Adren.  Rather, I will limit my dose to 2 pills and hope for gradual but steady improvement.  

9/20- Unplanned rest day.  Knocked out after work

9/21- AM Opener in 98.  2 pills brought me down only to an 88.  That's good and bad.  While 2 pills do yield significant improvement, it's not the night and day difference that I saw last week.  Again, that's good and bad.  I like the stability but I really should be better than THIS!  That's only an 8:48 pace for 1/6 of a mile.  I'd be well over 10 in a real workout.

PM- As expected, I was well over 10.  1.5 miles at Lakeshore in 16:14 (10:49 pace).  OUCH!  Still, I will resist the temptation to seek a quick fix.  Pace was pretty even.

Distance=2.0

9/22- AM- 3 miles on Lakeshore.  Finished in 30:15 (10:05 pace) with a slight negative split.  Again, I hoped for better than this but I'll take it.  MINUS 44 and I doubled the distance.  I'll shoot for the mid-9s tomorrow.  That's it for today.

Distance=3.0

9/23- Repeated the 3 mile distance and my time is down to 28:16 (9:25 pace).  Slightly better than expected.  Even pace.  Let's keep the momentum and don't get stupid this weekend.

Distance=3.0

9/24- Interesting.  Only 1 mile at Montreat.  Overall time of 9:28 was not important.  I did the first half without Thym-Adren and the 2nd half on the usual 2 pills.  Split were 4:53-4:35.  MINUS 36/mile.  While it is enough to be considered significant, that's not a night and day difference and I felt only slightly better on the back half.  Effort was on par with the standard issue 3 mile so figure on Lakeshore, this was worth a low-mid 27 for 3 miles.  The rate of improvement may be slowing already and that's not a good sign.  Again, stability is MOST important by FAR but I'd certainly like to be faster than this.

Distance=1.0

9/25- 1 mile junk run on a net downhill route.  Managed only an 8:20.  Not pleased.  I turned up the effort as well

Distance=1.0

9/26- Hated interval workout.  It seems as if I did get a significant benefit from B12 and Intrinsic Factor versus taking nothing  BUT additional doses did nothing.  I was actually slightly worse.  Also, upping the Thym-Adren from 2 pills to 4 yielded no significant benefit.  Good news is that I was no worse.

Distance=1.0

- 11 miles on the week

No comments: