Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Training 1/1-1/7

 1/1- Recovering from the flu.  Tried a new supplement called Glycine to assist with the Candida detox.  As usual, it's an insatiable need and things will get worse before they get better.  Did 1 mile at Montreat in 13:45, or exactly 3 hour pace for a half marathon.  OUCH!

Distance= 1.0

1/2- Same workout as yesterday.  Hardly a cause for celebration but I knew that I was better from the first steps.  Improved to 11:35 with even splits.  1st half- 5:45, 2nd half- 5:50.  I'll take it.  As of now, I can only tolerate one Thym-Adren.  Soon, I will see if I can handle 2.  Did 1 more lap in the evening in 3:48.  That pace (11:24) is only slightly faster than the morning session.  Hopefully, I see further gains overnight.

Distance=1.5

1/3- Montreat Mile in 10:59.  I met the minimum standard with a 36 second improvement but I really struggled in the homestretch and it didn't feel normal.  Splits were 3:26-3:41-3:52.  It took a push in the last 40 yards to get under 11.  I feared that the culprit was either NAC or Glycine but found to my relief that I NEEDED extra Thym-Adren.  The adrenals have spiked as expected.  Just 2 days ago, more than 1 of those pills would have triggered a bad reaction.  NOW, I NEED MORE!  Nothing changes on New Years Day.  Is this a blip or a long lasting spike?  Probably the latter.  EVENTUALLY, it will calm down and something else will probably flare up.  

Distance=1.0

1/4- Repeated the workout.  It was clear that the adrenal spike is NOT a blip.  Hopefully, it goes down gradually.  Started out comparable to yesterday but held it together in lap 2 then actually finished pretty strong.  Time was 10:13 (3:24-3:30-3:19).  3rd straight day that I have improved.  Keep it up.  Shooting for a sub-10 tomorrow.

Distance=1.5

1/5- The streak continues.  Improved to 9:38.  Splits were 3:07-3:16-3:15.  Didn't have a real strong finish but the pace was almost dead even after the first half lap.  Realized later that this is sub-30 pace for a 5K.  A very small milestone but a necessary step.  I may be back out this evening weather permitting.

PM- Could not hack it in the evening session.  Pace was well over 10 so I called it early.  I knew it was going to happen like this.  I did not take any Thym-Adren since the morning whereas yesterday, I took it in divided doses.  After 2 pills when I got home, I was better.  No panic.

Distance=1.5

1/6- 5K is in the books.  12.5 laps at Mountain Brook track in 34:30.  The only goal was to finish but I did expect to be better than this.  I passed the Mile in 9:56 and the halfway point in 15:52 but faded to 18:38 on the back half.  Considered bailing after 2 miles but I stuck it out and the last 4 laps were over 3:00.  Being unbalanced hurts worse over longer distances.  I may need to temporarily increase the dose.  On the bright side, it should be pretty easy to improve upon this next time out.  

Distance=3.5

1/7  Planned rest day.  I deserve it.

=10 miles on the week.  I hope that come Spring, I will look back on this week and see how far I have come.

No comments: