Monday, January 29, 2024

Training 1/29-2/4

 1/29- HATED interval session.  

Opener- 2:06

Vitamin C- 1:58

B-Complex- 1:46

Stand Alone B-12- 1:12

Added a lap cool down.  Adding back the B-12 into my formula was YUGE!  I will stick with it and try to take just a little Glycine.  It is my hope that Glycine will be a non-factor.

Distance=1.0

1/30- In what should be no surprise, I now have an insatiable need for B12.  That should fade by the end of the week.  Opened with a 1:57 half lap and had nothing.  Could not go any faster.   Improved to a 1:32 on 1 pill despite backing off on the effort.  On 2 pills, I went all out and clocked a 58 (5:48 pace).  That's  right.  I doubled the speed just because of 2 pills.  Unfortunately, an hour later, I needed more.  Again, this will fade soon.  And something else will pop up.

PM- Took several B12 pills throughout the day but it wasn't enough. Really struggled out there.  1.5 miles in 17:12 (11:28 pace) with splits of 8:20-8:52.  BEST NEWS of the day:  I took BOTH the Malate and the Glycinate today.  NO OBVIOUS trouble.  Maybe I was slightly weakened but nothing serious happened.  Perhaps B12 deficiency was the cause of the recent issues.  That makes me feel a little better.  The need for it will diminish and I should improve tomorrow.

Distance=2.0

1/31- AM.  2 miles on Lakeshore in 20:16 (10:08 pace).  BIG improvement over yesterday.  80 seconds faster on the pace over a longer distance.  Splits were 10:06-10:10 but it took a late rally to even up.  May be back this evening.

PM- Repeated the morning workout.  2 miles in 17:36 (8:48 pace).  Best time of the year by a wide margin.  I figure this projects to a low-28 5K.  The difference was extra B12 but I don't feel as horrible without it.  Very soon, the gaps in performance will be gone.

Distance=4.0

2/1- 5K FAIL!  Struggled to hold a low-9 pace and passed 0.5 at 4:35.  I still believed I could break 30 or at least 30:48 but the power cut off at 0.6 and I wisely turned around.  Quit after 1 mile.  I think the GPS turned to 1.00 just before the watch hit 10:00 but who cares?  This feels like an adrenal spike.  Not a surprise.  This one should not last too long.  That's it for today.

PM- No running but found out it was not an adrenal spike after all.  It was a lack of Intrinsic Factor.  I cannot tolerate B12 without it.  That makes me feel a little better.  All that crap that I went through before the Cytokine treatment was not all in vain.  Felt much better after taking Intrinsic Factor.  I may try again at the 5K distance tomorrow.

Distance=1.0

2/2- Unplanned rest day.  Did not even attempt a workout and barely made it through the day at work.  I thought Intrinsic Factor would reduce my demand for B-12.  Nope.  It has temporarily INCREASED it.  I got a little better after taking a LOT when I got home but still I'm in no condition to run.

2/3- 1 mile in 11:41.  OUCH!  Only good thing was a strong negative split (6:03-5:38).  I'll be back out there this afternoon.  Felt better after a nap.

PM- Time is down to 10:21 but that doesn't tell the whole story.  I believe the adrenal spike has already hit.  Hopefully, it won't last too long this time.  1st half- 5:36 and fading.  2nd half- 4:45 after taking 2 extra Thym-Adren.  Tomorrow will likely be rained out but how I feel will be interesting.

Distance=2.0

2/4- 1 mile in light rain at Montreat.  Finished in 11:35 with relatively even splits.  Culprit is the adrenal spike.  I will improve steadily then collapse again when the spike goes down.  I don't think it will last 3 weeks this time.

Distance=1.0

-11 miles on the week.  YTD= 51

No comments: