Monday, July 1, 2024

Back to Square 1?

It's been horrible since the return from Turks and Caicos.  I set myself up for a collapse with a caffeine binge for a couple of days starting on the trip home.  I had a long wait for the flight, 3 hours in the air then another 3 hour drive after an hour and a half on shuttles and a long line at Customs.  It seems like I can get away with a one day splurge but not two days in a row.  Only caffeine is the problem.  Sprite appears to be tolerated and so does alcohol.  Why the intolerance to caffeine? Probably related to Ceruloplasmin.

Symptoms?
I became intolerant to the very pills that I need (Thym-Adren).  Then, after about 18-24 hours off caffeine, the adrenals spike like you would not believe.  I have an insatiable need for Thym-Adren and the normal dosage barely makes a dent.  Eventually, the spike will go down.  How long will it take to get back to where I was before the trip?  Probably at least a couple of weeks.

Also, my Achilles has been sore the last few days in spite of minimal training.  Hopefully that goes away when the spike goes down.  It's no worse when I run but I won't push it.  Last thing I need is to be walking with a limp in Canada.  If it doesn't go away, I may need a shot of prolotherapy.

I had car trouble this weekend and the repair bill plus the rental car cost me over $1000.  Not a good week.

No comments: