Tuesday, October 13, 2009

training 10/11-17

10/11- Recovery run at Vestavia. 4 miles at 8:15 pace plus a very slow cool down. That's fine for a recovery day, maybe even a hair on the fast side. Knee was sore but it didn't feel anything worse than it should after an 18 miler.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=4.5
10/12- BAAAAAUUHHD! I had the day off work for Columbus Day (state holiday) and most of the day was spent on errands and got little done. I went for an oil change and found out that I needed brake work, which cost me almost $300. Oh well, it could have been worse. Hoped to run an easy 10 but quit after it took me almost 9 minutes to run the first mile. I walked a lap then ran a 400 all out and barely broke 2:00. I am being LENIENT on the grade.
Grade:F/1 credit/distance=1.5
10/13- Bad day continued through the night. Nasty GI issues and got little sleep. Legs were extremely sore and felt overstimulated so I tried some GABA and it helped. I showed up at Johnny's workout not expecting too much but did fairly well. 1200-4:13, 800-2:40, 800-2:41, 400-67, 400-80 (thought I was done after the 67), 400 jog in between, Mile cool down. A little off form but still felt more like myself today.
Grade:B/2 credits/distance=4.0
10/14- Trak Shak 10 with a moving time of 77:38 (7:46 pace). Solid performance. Faded near the end but I had to be cautious with regard to my footing because it was getting dark. Also, I did not refuel at all and my stomach was burning. Still a little sore in the groin. I will try to stay off taurine completely until I get the "wired/tired" feeling. I really wanted the weekday long run to be Monday but my body failed me. Today was my punishment. and I didn't get home until 8 PM. Ouch. That's the price I pay to get in PR shape.
Grade:B+/2 credits/distance=10.0
10/15- Hoover Rec Center. Approx. 4 miles in 32:08 so that's an acceptable pace. Still sore in the groin area and bad GI issues. Average at best today.
Grade:C+/1 credit/distance=4.0
10/16- Had to squat 6 times at work and forced to cancel my weekend plans. 3 miles on the 'mill with a bathroom nearby at an easy pace with a mild pick up at the end. Actually felt decent during the run.
Grade:B-/1 credit/distance=3.0
10/17- Feeling even worse today. Soreness in the groin area has diminished but had stomach cramps all day and lost track of the number of times that I had to squat. Attempted to run but could not because of the cramps.
Grade:F/1 credit/distance=0
Weekly summary:
This could ruin my Fall racing season but I'm more concerned about my general health at this time. The probiotic hasn't solved the issue yet but I've got plenty of other options.
Distance=27.0/ GPA=20.6/9= 2.29

No comments: