Monday, February 25, 2013

Training 2/25-3/3

2/25- Overall, this was the best I've felt this month but that is faint praise.  Fast finish 5 miler with an overall time of 34:58 (6:59 pace) with a 6:20 in Mile 5.  There are 2 more discouraging developments.  First, the ankle needs prolo and I hope Dr. Johnson is free this week.  Second, 5 pills were not quite enough.  I wanted to do 6-7 miles but the foot was starting to bother me.  I'm afraid to do speed work.  I felt good early but around Mile 3-4, I was still running a decent pace but was feeling too loose and anxious.
Grade:B/2 credit/distance=6.0

2/26- Easy 7.5 in 55:14 (7:22 pace).  Actually enjoyed the workout for the first time in a long time.  Foot pain has diminished a bit but it's still there.  I did get an appointment with Dr. Johnson tomorrow.  I am back up the full dose of Thym-Adren, which was a disaster less than 1 week ago.  WHAT THE _________!!!??   I attribute it to tight restrictions on sugar and taking the Fructosin consistently.  I feel good about this formula for now but am not confident about 2 months from now.  I could get the medical report in as little as 2 weeks from now and predict a modest improvement.
Grade:A-/1 credit/distance=8.0

2/27- NIGHTMARE!  I just can't plug all the leaks.  I think I've got the Thym-Adren squared away but now the Vitamin C and copper has flared up again.  All I had time for was a short run.  I tried to run in at tempo pace and died after a 6:30 1st mile.  Hung on for another one at 7:50 then quit.  Drove up to Nashville for prolo and it was not bad.
Grade:D/1 credit/distance=2.0

2/28- Last day of the month from hell.  I am too sore from the prolo to run today so I'm taking my planned rest day.  Perhaps the fructose malabsorption is interfering with the Vitamin C absorption.  I need to take the Fructosin consistently in spite of the high cost ($45/month).  As for the copper, 2 mg is the daily value and only 1  mg. can make a difference between a good day and a bad one.  Again, WHAT THE ___________!!!??  Sure, I'm angry but anybody else would be as well.  I still have a chance to break the losing streak with a strong weekend.  Outside of the sore ankle, I feel pretty decent today and may be able to do a gentle run tomorrow.

3/1- First signs of Spring have come as the trees are beginning to get a few buds but we're in a cold snap with temps barely into the 40s with a chance of snow tomorrow.  I stayed indoors for an easy 6 in a decent time of 45:24 (7:34 pace).  Slight fade in the 2nd half (22:33/22:51).  Ankle was too tender for a quality session but I felt otherwise okay during the run.  Not good but okay!  I probably would have struggled in a tempo but grading is more lenient on easy days.  I need a strong weekend to break the losing streak but barring a sudden sickness, I will be over 2.0 for the first time in 3 weeks.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=6.0

3/2- Temps in the 30s with wind and yes, snow flurries.  Good day to stay in and run an easy 6.  It was a good one.  Came through 5 in exactly 36:40 with a pace of 7:20 (+/- 2 sec) each mile then turned it up in Mile 6 with a 6:37 to finish in 43:17 (7:13 avg pace).  Ankle is still just a little tender but I don't think it hurt me.  I have cut the Vitamin C down to 1,000 mg and may go down to 500 because I was still just a tad loose today.  At this pace, it didn't hurt me but I'm still not sure how I would do in a tempo.  Added a half mile cool.  Should hit 40 again.  I only need a "B" tomorrow to get a win this week.
Grade:A-/1 credit/distance=6.5

3/3- Trak Shak 8 and 3 so it was a hilly route.  I wasn't quite in tip top form but pretty strong overall.  I think that I will go down to 500 mg. of Vitamin C but that means that I must avoid copper in my protein bars.  Yes, even 15% DV can make a difference.  Finished with a time of 78:44 for the 11 miles (7:10 pace) with my last mile in 6:45 and last 800 in 3:09.  Added a half mile cool.  I have broken the losing streak.
Grade:A-/2 credits/distance=11.5

Weekly summary:
Lenient grading for much of the week but it's a win nonetheless.  Win #5 on the year.  The official formula is 500 mg. of C, 8 Thym-Adren pills, 2 Fructosin and 1-2 Paramin.  I could very well go on a hot streak for the next 6-8 weeks but what are the chances that this will work 3 months from now?  Slim-none.  I expect to get the medical report in 10-14 days.
Distance= 40.0/ GPA= 24.8/8= 3.10
YTD: 348 miles/ Record: 5-4. Cum. GPA= 25.00/9= 2.78

No comments: