Monday, April 7, 2014

Training 4/7-4/13

4/7- AM- 2 miles in 16:40 (8:20 pace).  Much improved over yesterday's debacle.  Even pace as well (8:18/8:22).  I expect to be better this afternoon.

PM- 4 miles at Gold's.  The GB-3 has arrived so it was the old "better with or better without" test.  Clocked a 15:25 for the first 2 miles then popped a pill and ran the next 2 in 15:41. Overall time was 31:06 for 4 miles (7:46 pace).  Slightly worse after taking it but a pace 8 seconds per mile slower is not enough to be considered significant.  Still, I'm leaving this out of my formula.  It seems as if it releases copper from the liver, which I already accomplished with the detox.  I really need the molybdenum because it is intended to reduce excess copper in the tissues by binding to it.  It should arrive by the end of the week.  In theory, it should work but whether or not my system will accept it is another matter.
Grade:C-/1 credit/distance=6.0

4/8- Took only the ADHS (modulator) plus the normal Cal/Mag and I was not half bad today.  5 miles on the hilly Canterbury-Jemison loop in a solid 37:30 (7:30 pace).  Standard issue workout was fine but I still would have been off in a tempo.
Grade:B+/1 credit/distance=5.0

4/9-  I can't believe it!  CRASHED AGAIN!  2.5 miles at the Shak in 22:02 (8:49 pace).  Should not have even tried to run today but I wanted to see how bad it would be.  I believe the ADHS was the culprit.  Instead of feeling fatigue like over the weekend, I feel overstimulated and anxious.  Good news is that it seems like I can go back to the Thym-Adren.  Without it, I am screwed.  The molybdenum has not arrived yet nor did I expect it today.  I'll probably have to wait until Friday.
Grade:None/0 credit/distance=2.5

4/10- AM.  2.5 miler at Gold's on my first full day back on the Thym-Adren.  Time was down to 19:37 (7:51 pace).  As expected, I am improving but for how long?

PM- Lakeshore 5 in 38:41 (7:44 pace) plus a warm.  Even splits (19:17-19:24) on a beautiful day weather wise.  Perfect sunny and 75.  Only complaint was diarrhea, which is probably related to copper elimination.  The molybdenum has arrived.  Since the modulator won't work, I won't stabilize in the mid-1:30s for a half mary.  It's all or nothing now.
Grade:B-/1 credit/distance=8.0

4/11- Spain Park Mile in 5:56.5.  Best time of the year.  20 years after my first sub-6 Mile, I can still do it.  Splits were 89-93-90-84.  I can't remember a serious attempt in a Mile with that much of a negative split (3:02-2:54).  Another nasty diarrhea attack before I started.  The moly is causing me to feel some stimulation, which is to be expected.  Plain moly may be better for me than the Moly-Cu that I'm currently taking.  Once, the copper elimination is complete, fast oxidation symptoms will kick in full force.  My tissue sodium is probably in the 60s now with a potassium in the low 20s, which is still quite high.  I'm aiming for 30 and 10 respectively. Moly does increase sodium but the copper elimination decreases it.  I hope that the Cal/Mag will keep the potassium stable.

PM- Impromptu Gold's Mile in 5:50.6 (2:57/2:53).  Tight turns hurt me a bit but I believe the distance is accurate.  Definitely feel different on the Moly but am wary of feeling too stimulated.
Grade:C+/2 credit/distance=2.5

4/12- BTC long run social.  I got there late and had to run solo but that's okay given how uncertain I was about how I'd do.  Finished 14 miles in 1:48:20 (7:44 pace).  Solid performance.  Felt sluggish, not stimulated.  Stimulation may kick in after a 2nd moly pill.  Ran the 8 and 5 route (tribute to Ochocinco).  Only Mile 1 was over 8:00.  Pace did vary a bit based on the terrain but most miles were 7:40ish.
Grade:B+/2 credits/distance=14.0

4/13- Lakeshore 5 in 36:56 (7:23 pace).  Finished up this one just before noon after going to church early.  It was getting warm at the end so I won't be able to run between 10-2 much longer.  Strong performance with even splits (18:23-18:33) with a bit of an uphill on the back half.  I get the minus only because of diarrhea but it was not as bad as earlier in the week.  Took 2 moly pills in the morning rather than divide the dose.  That seemed to help.  Dreamed that my apartment complex remained but my unit had disappeared and I was out walking all night looking for it.
Grade:A-/1 credit/distance=5.0

Weekly summary:
If there is ever a such thing as a "good" loss, this is it.  I really feel that help is on the way with the moly and I will be back to form by next month.  Mileage total is the highest of the year.
Distance=43.0/GPA= 22.6/8= 2.83
YTD: 453 miles.  Record: 5-9 with a 2.46 GPA

No comments: