Monday, May 19, 2014

training 5/19-5/25

5/19- 2 hour drive back down to Bangor.  Stopped at the University of Maine campus for a junk run on their track. Passed 1 mile in 7:31 feeling about as expected then shut it down with a glacial cool down.  I am typing this from a free public I-pad in La Guardia awaiting my flight back to Birmingham.
Grade: Pass/ distance-2.0

5/20- Gold's 5 in 38:48 (7:46 pace).  First half was a solid 18:48 then it was an even 20:00 for the second half.  Not surprising that I struggled today but this just doesn't feel right.  Could be a blood sugar issue because I saw stars when I got up in the morning.
Grade:C+/1 credit/distance=5.0

5/21- VERY POOR.  Trak Shak 3 mile route in 23:53 (7:58 pace) and had to rally at the end just to make a sub-8.  Not quite a "collapse" but not far off.  Not sure what it is now.  Could be blood sugar or Thym-Adren again or I need to detox.
Grade:D+/1 credit/distance=3.0

5/22- 3 miles at Gold's in 19:08 (6:22 pace) plus a mile cool.  That's equivalent to a 19:50 5K.  Once again, I've gone from pathetic to almost normal literally overnight ALL BECAUSE OF ONE FREAKING PILL!!!  That's just the nature of the beast with chemical sensitivity.  I am now down to 3 Thym-Adren.  Only 4 weeks ago, I was taking 6 and am concerned that the downward trend is too fast.  A rant post is coming.  In a hollow victory, I have clinched a 1.0 GPA for the year.
Grade:B+/2 credit/distance=4.0

5/23- COLLAPSE!  2 mile junk run at Spain Park and felt AWFUL.  Gums were bleeding a bit last night, which suggests possible Vitamin C deficiency.  Took some ascorbic acid and was worse.  Natural C is an option but for now I need to detox and stay off caffeine.

PM- Worst day since December of last year.  1 Mile at Spain Park in 9:57.  'Nuff said.  Detox is my best hope.
Grade:F/1 credit/distance=3.0

5/24- Well, it's official now.  MY SYSTEM HAS REJECTED THYM-ADREN!  DETOX IS MY ONLY HOPE!  Junk run on Wisteria.  Ran the first mile and my time was down to 8:08.  Then I popped ONE Thym-Adren pill and I was back to the 10:00 range on the back half.  'Nuff said.
Grade:D-/1 credit/distance=2.0

5/25- Detox appears to have been successful.  I passed about as many stones as I ever have but my body has yet to cry out for Thym-Adren.  In fact, I'm pretty sure that my system would still reject it.  I have little choice other than to ride it out at least for a few days and order a new hair test kit.  I would feel safer on the ADHS (modulator) but I don't know if I can tolerate that.  What is certain is that I CAN still tolerate the Cal/Mag and the molybdenum and both are still necessary.  The lame workout was indoors with a toilet available every lap.  Did 1 Mile in 8:30 without the moly then improved to 7:03 with it.  I did not try any Thym-Adren but I'm betting that I would have been back over 9:00 with it.  I am off to Nashville to put in an appearance at a wedding tonight.
Grade:D+/1 credit/distance=2.0

Weekly summary:
ANGRY AGAIN.  3 wins in a row followed by 3 losses.  If I can stay off the Thym-Adren and the medical report shows I am in balance, it will turn around real fast.
Distance=20.0/ GPA= 12.2/7= 1.74

No comments: