Monday, May 26, 2014

Training 5/26-6/1

5/26- I will consider this my rest day on the week.  Gold's Mile in an overall time of 8:58 and had to rally in the last lap to break 9.  Funny thing is that I felt decent at the wedding last night but was hurting on the drive back.  No, I didn't drink either.  I went with the moly alone this morning and it's obviously not the answer.  I took half a Thym-Adren when I got home and got worse.  I will try some ADHS later in the day.  I have 2 options going forward: 1) Cal/Mag alone, 2) moly+ ADHS.
Update:  The ADHS did not seem to make much difference.  I'm going with option 1 for the next few days.  This will not count towards the weekly GPA.
Grade:F/0 credit/distance=1.0

5/27- AM- Took NO pills upon rising and improved to a 2 miler in 15:23 (7:42 pace).  That's an improvement of 1:16/mile over double the distance.  Again, that's nothing new and no reason to get excited.

PM- Another step forward.  4 miles at Gold's in a time of 29:43 (7:26 pace).  Even pace with a final mile in 7:19, which showed a little something left in the tank.  Will I show continued improvement or will I collapse again by the end of the week? Passed 40K page views today.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=6.0

5/28- Interesting day.  Woke up feeling clearly out of whack.  Popped a moly pill and felt some initial improvement but was hurting badly by the afternoon.  It was the old better with or without test.  1 Mile at Gold's in 8:46 running at tempo effort.  Then, I took 2 ADHS pills and it took a few minutes for it to kick in but soon began feeling better.  I clocked a 6:55 the next time with splits of 2:34-2:16-2:05 so it's obvious that the ADHS did it and I likely would have been better if I ran it again.  ADHS is clearly a viable option and I think that I am trending off the moly.  I have ordered a hair test kit as well as some whole food Vitamin C complex.
Grade:D+/1 credit/distance=2.0

5/29- AM-Small step backward. 3 miles at Gold's in 23:13 (7:44 pace).  I did manage a slight negative split.  I took half a moly last night and got worse so it may not have cleared yet.  We'll see what happens tonight.

PM- Lakeshore 5 in 35:53 (7:11 pace).  Best showing in a while but still way too tight.  Good start and stayed near 7:00 pace for the first half (17:37) then faded a bit to an 18:16.  Still, that's an awesome improvement over the morning session.  Took half a moly and tightened up again.  I'm officially done with that stuff as well as the Thym-Adren.  It appears that the ADHS is working.  More to come.
Grade:B/2 credit/distance=8.0

5/30- AM 2 mile junk run at Gold's in a solid 14:44 (7:22 pace) with a strongly negative split of 7:31-7:13.  Didn't really put much more effort into Mile 2 either.  Yes, I could feel the moly from last night but starting tomorrow, it will be out of my system for good.

PM- WEIRD.  Canterbury-Jemison 5 in light drizzle.  Finished in 37:45 (7:33 pace).  Not bad overall but felt "weird" all the way.  Hard to describe.  Great start in the first 2 miles then faded hard to 7:50s in the last 2 miles.  I think Vitamin C and moly may be hurting me.  Not sure what I will do for my long run this week but I am not up for running with the sub-3 group.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=7.0

5/31- Weak.  3 miles in 23:29 (7:50 pace).  I had an immediate negative reaction to Whole Food Vitamin C last night.  I'm off that stuff for good.  I am improving as the day progresses and hope to be up for double digits by tomorrow.  Pace was 7:50 +/- 2 seconds all the way so no collapse this time.
Grade:C-/1 credit/distance=3.0

6/1-AM- First full day off moly and Vitamin C.  8 miler in humid conditions and made the mistake of drinking too much water without any Gatorade to replenish the electrolytes.  I was doing well through 5.5 miles (near 7:20 pace) then slipped to the 7:45 range on Lakeshore after a water stop.  Not bad overall.  Felt decent but it was one of those rare days that my heart wasn't fully into it.

PM- Cal/Mag tests.
0 Cal- 500 Mag- 1/2 mile in 4:04.
250 Cal- 500 Mag- 1/2 mile in 3:40
500 Cal- 500 Mag- 1 mile in 6:38
750 Cal- 500 Mag- 1 mile in 6:26 (last .2 @ 5:00 pace)
Again, this shows the nature of the beast with chemical sensitivity.  I know that a 2/1 Cal/Mag ratio is too high but as of now, I think I'm better off favoring Cal over Mag (maybe a ratio around 1.62).  We'll see what the medical report says.  As for the ADHS, it does contain the same amount of copper as the Thym-Adren so I will be judicious with it.  Tomorrow, I'll do a better with or without test without the moly interference.
Grade:B/2 credit/distance=11.0

Weekly summary:
4th straight loss and am losing patience again but the recent turn of events gives me a reason to hope again.
Distance=38.0/ GPA= 21.0/8= 2.63
YTD: 690 miles.  8-13 with a 2.56 GPA

No comments: