Monday, June 30, 2014

Training 6/30-7/6 (race week)

6/30- AM- 1 mile on Wisteria without Endodren in 6:56.  Feeling hopeful that it is not adrenal fatigue.

PM- Strong tempo.  5 miles in 32:40 (6:32 pace) plus a cool.  Splits were 6:18-6:31-6:38-6:43-6:30.  My course PR at Peachtree is a 42:27 (6:48 pace) but it was done in warm conditions on a hilly route.  I will have the race day magic to carry me so we shall see.  I think I have a chance to CR it.  The medical report is in and I don't believe it.  All my ratios look pretty good except my thyroid and adrenals are off the charts HIGH.  I'm going to have to call the doctor about this.  I suspect molybdenum was the culprit but it was necessary to detox the copper.  The copper actually looks fine on this report.
Grade:A-/2 credit/distance=7.0

7/1- Bad day. Panicked after seeing the medical report.  Upped the Cal/Mag to 500 and it was a bad call.  Would have survived an easy run but had nothing in a light speed session.  5x200 and could not crack 40 seconds.
Grade:C-/1 credit/distance=2.0
UPDATE:  After doing some research this morning, I've come to the conclusion that CADMIUM is the culprit.  Again, I probably had a hidden toxicity all along.  So, the verdict is continued fast oxidation with an explanation.  Cadmium can cause extreme fatigue as part of the healing reaction and many patients do need an adrenal glandular to deal with the symptoms.  More details to come.

7/2- AM- Spain Park Mile without Endodren in 6:29.  I am now within 48 seconds of my current time with the pills.  That is a good sign.

PM- Naked 3 mile Trak Shak loop.  Didn't feel so good but it was hot.  Also felt a difference after taking a 3rd pill.  2 were not fully effective but a 4th didn't make any real difference.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=4.0

7/3- Plan is a junk run in the morning then head to Atlanta.
Grade: Pass/0 credit/distance=1.0

7/4- Peachtree Road Race in 41:54 (6:44 pace).  New course PR and re-qualified for the sub-seeded wave.
Grade:A-/3 credit/distance=7.0

7/5- Gold's 5 in 36:46 (7:21 pace).  Remarkably fresh given the solid effort yesterday.  Never struggled.  Splits were 18:14-18:32 but I backed off intentionally especially in Mile 5.  I'm going to try adding some zinc with B-5 tonight but if it messes me up, I'll still win the week.
Grade:A/1 credit/distance=5.0

7/6- Well, every indicator says that zinc should be a good choice for me.  I have a low ceruloplamin, a high Na/K ratio and a cadmium toxicity but both times I tried it this week I have sucked.  Today was a lame 5 miler on Lakeshore in the morning in a turtle time of 43:36 (8:43 pace).  To my credit, I managed to keep the pace even all the way and actually finished slightly faster than I started.  I put in the same effort as yesterday yet I was nearly 7 minutes slower.  Yes, a single pill can really make that much difference.
Grade:D/1 credit/distance=5.0

Weekly summary:
Win #12 on the year thanks to a strong race and tempo.  I will be adding a liver and kidney supplement but again, as long as I continue to win, no big changes will be made.  I believe that Tuesday's suckage had to do with the zinc, not the extra Cal/Mag.  In my last 5 weeks, I am 4-1 with a 3.1 GPA.
Distance= 30.0/ GPA= 28.2/9= 3.13
YTD: 883 miles.  Record: 12-14 with a 2.66 GPA

No comments: