Sunday, December 14, 2014

Training 12/15-12/21 (possible race)

I'm hoping for a win this week just for pride and I do think I have a decent chance at it.  If I do race, it will be a local 5K and a fairly low-key deal.
New theory about the zinc/copper sensitivity:
It could be the cadmium toxicity, which may be reduced by selenium.  I am very interested to see the results of the hair test.  Cadmium was high on my last test and there is a chance that it may be preventing me from tolerating the Thym-Adren.  We'll see if it came down.  The only change on Monday will be the adjustment to zinc/copper ratio.

12/15- Went with the 10:1 zinc/copper ratio and it was an improvement.  1 mile quickie in 6:30 at moderate effort.  I know that the 10:1 will help and the selenium probably won't have any effect.

PM- SICK.  Awful sore throat.  Don't feel like doing anything but sleeping.
Grade:C/1 credit/distance=1.0

12/16- Unplanned rest day.  Still too weak to run.  The sore throat and chills have diminished but the malaise is still there and the congestion is setting in.  I think it's viral and the only thing I can do is let it run its course.  I blame the low zinc, which has weakened my immune system.

12/17- Garbage 2 miler at Gold's in 19:56 (9:58 pace) plus a cool.  Even with a mild viral infection, I should be better than this.  I believe it must be the excess liver and will cut it from 2:3 down to 1:1.5.  I'm going to lose my 5th in a row.  Got some whole food Vitamin C in an attempt to reduce the sensitivity.  I don't think I hurt myself by running today and my year end stats will look a tad better as a result.
Grade:D-/1 credit/distance=3.0

12/18 AM-  HARD 2 miler in 16:52 (8:26 pace).  Improved by 3:04 literally overnight by cutting the liver from 3 pills down to 1.5.  Did the first half mile without zinc in 4:21 (8:42 pace) then proceeded to run the next 1.5 in 12:31 (8:21 pace) so there was not a radical difference and I credit the whole food C.  More thoughts to come later.

PM- 3 miles in 23:28 (7:49 pace).  This is a statistically significant improvement in pace over double the distance.  What made the difference?  It was the adrenal glandular (stimulant).  It made me feel jittery and angry at work today but I calmed down in time for the workout.  What to make of this?
Jury is still out but there is a chance that the new whole food C will reduce the zinc/copper sensitivity.  That would be excellent news.  Why did the adrenal glandular help?  Of course, the dream is that I am a slow oxidizer now but it could very well be more toxic metals.  I won't know until I get the hair test results.  I'm predicting a mixed pattern with slow thyroid and mild fast adrenals.
Grade:C/2 credit/distance=5.5

12/19- Gold's 4 in 30:57 (7:44 pace).  Even pace (15:26-15:31) but a very mediocre performance overall and only marginally better than yesterday.  Formula was the same with the exception of ADHS(modulator) instead of the adrenal glandular.  Tomorrow, I'm going to run before I take the liver pill.  Within 33 miles of matching last year's total.
Grade:C+/1 credit/distance=4.5

12/20- AM.  FAILURE!  1 mile in 10:00.  I believe that Calcium was the culprit.  I can't wait until the end of the year when I can quit the liver pill.  I believe my tissue potassium has tanked.

PM- Garbage 2 miler on the 'mill and my time is down to 18:44 (9:22 pace).  30 miles to go.
Grade:F/1 credit/distance=3.0

12/21- AM- Easy 6 at a pace over 10:00.
PM- Tacked on 2 more also at garbage pace.  22 to go.
Grade:E/2 credit/distance=8.0

Weekly summary:
I'm sticking with the liver pill even though it is likely tanking my adrenals in hopes that I will no longer have to take it in 2015.
Distance=25.0/ GPA= 1.00
YTD: 1,732 miles.  Record: 22-27 with a 2.62 GPA

No comments: