Sunday, December 14, 2014

Training 12/15-12/21 (possible race)

I'm hoping for a win this week just for pride and I do think I have a decent chance at it.  If I do race, it will be a local 5K and a fairly low-key deal.
New theory about the zinc/copper sensitivity:
It could be the cadmium toxicity, which may be reduced by selenium.  I am very interested to see the results of the hair test.  Cadmium was high on my last test and there is a chance that it may be preventing me from tolerating the Thym-Adren.  We'll see if it came down.  The only change on Monday will be the adjustment to zinc/copper ratio.

12/15- Went with the 10:1 zinc/copper ratio and it was an improvement.  1 mile quickie in 6:30 at moderate effort.  I know that the 10:1 will help and the selenium probably won't have any effect.

PM- SICK.  Awful sore throat.  Don't feel like doing anything but sleeping.
Grade:C/1 credit/distance=1.0

12/16- Unplanned rest day.  Still too weak to run.  The sore throat and chills have diminished but the malaise is still there and the congestion is setting in.  I think it's viral and the only thing I can do is let it run its course.  I blame the low zinc, which has weakened my immune system.

12/17- Garbage 2 miler at Gold's in 19:56 (9:58 pace) plus a cool.  Even with a mild viral infection, I should be better than this.  I believe it must be the excess liver and will cut it from 2:3 down to 1:1.5.  I'm going to lose my 5th in a row.  Got some whole food Vitamin C in an attempt to reduce the sensitivity.  I don't think I hurt myself by running today and my year end stats will look a tad better as a result.
Grade:D-/1 credit/distance=3.0

12/18 AM-  HARD 2 miler in 16:52 (8:26 pace).  Improved by 3:04 literally overnight by cutting the liver from 3 pills down to 1.5.  Did the first half mile without zinc in 4:21 (8:42 pace) then proceeded to run the next 1.5 in 12:31 (8:21 pace) so there was not a radical difference and I credit the whole food C.  More thoughts to come later.

PM- 3 miles in 23:28 (7:49 pace).  This is a statistically significant improvement in pace over double the distance.  What made the difference?  It was the adrenal glandular (stimulant).  It made me feel jittery and angry at work today but I calmed down in time for the workout.  What to make of this?
Jury is still out but there is a chance that the new whole food C will reduce the zinc/copper sensitivity.  That would be excellent news.  Why did the adrenal glandular help?  Of course, the dream is that I am a slow oxidizer now but it could very well be more toxic metals.  I won't know until I get the hair test results.  I'm predicting a mixed pattern with slow thyroid and mild fast adrenals.
Grade:C/2 credit/distance=5.5

12/19- Gold's 4 in 30:57 (7:44 pace).  Even pace (15:26-15:31) but a very mediocre performance overall and only marginally better than yesterday.  Formula was the same with the exception of ADHS(modulator) instead of the adrenal glandular.  Tomorrow, I'm going to run before I take the liver pill.  Within 33 miles of matching last year's total.
Grade:C+/1 credit/distance=4.5

12/20- AM.  FAILURE!  1 mile in 10:00.  I believe that Calcium was the culprit.  I can't wait until the end of the year when I can quit the liver pill.  I believe my tissue potassium has tanked.

PM- Garbage 2 miler on the 'mill and my time is down to 18:44 (9:22 pace).  30 miles to go.
Grade:F/1 credit/distance=3.0

12/21- AM- Easy 6 at a pace over 10:00.
PM- Tacked on 2 more also at garbage pace.  22 to go.
Grade:E/2 credit/distance=8.0

Weekly summary:
I'm sticking with the liver pill even though it is likely tanking my adrenals in hopes that I will no longer have to take it in 2015.
Distance=25.0/ GPA= 1.00
YTD: 1,732 miles.  Record: 22-27 with a 2.62 GPA

1 comment:

Jocep Jim said...

HI
This was an excellent post and was very insightful.
start invite all your friends to any kind of event using text message and social media By using this apps on Textvitations Invitations