Monday, May 22, 2017

Training 5/22-5/28

5/22- AM- Gold's 5 in 40:48 (8:10 pace).  Took 6 ADHS pills and it wasn't enough.  Still overstimulated and short of breath.  I did manage a negative split (20:33-20:15) and dipped below 8 on the last mile.  I am going to up it to 8 pills but hope it goes back down soon.  It probably will.
Grade:C+/1 credit/distance=5.0

PM- Same distance, same course.  Time was down to 38:42 (7:44 pace) MINUS 26 because of 2 extra ADHS pills.  I will not go higher than 8 and hope for continued steady improvement with NO relapse.  Would the sugar restrictions have helped if done earlier?  Probably not until I got the methylation under control.  I'd still have extreme sensitivity.  I've got a couple niggles in my hip and Achilles so I've got to be careful tomorrow.  Cannot afford an injury now.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=5.0

5/23- 6 miles in 45:27 (7:34 pace).  MINUS 10 over an extra mile.  I can't say that I felt much better overall than yesterday and the adrenal spike has not calmed down yet. Still on mega doses.   It may be awhile before it does calm down.  Still, on tired legs, I ran an even pace with a strong finish.  This pace would bring me home just north of 1:39 flat in a half mary.
Grade:A-/1 credit/distance=6.0

5/24- 5 miles in 36:45 (7:21 pace).  Good job.  Middle section was near 7:30 pace but finished strong with a 7:06 last mile.  Improvements won't be so easy from here.  Added a half mile cool.
Hit 100K page views today.  Thanks again to my readers.
Grade:A-/1 credit/distance=5.5

5/25- l've now made it 8 days sugar free.  Adrenal may be calming down now but I am not cutting the dose until after the weekend. It's a modulator so too much won't hurt.  Did a morning tempo.  3 miles in 20:52 (6:57 pace) with even splits.  I'll take it.  Added a half mile cool and that's it for today.
Grade:B+/2 credit/distance-3.5

5/26- Day 9.  5 miles on Jefferson Trail in 37:43 (7:33 pace).  Solid performance.  The streak of significant improvements ended today but I'm fine with this one.  Pace slowed just a tad on the back half but I dialed back the effort a bit.  May not have time for a weekend long run due to family commitments but I can do it on Memorial Day instead and I'm already at 30 on the week.
Grade:B+/1 credit/distance=5.0

5/27- Planned rest day but it was not an easy day.

5/28- AM- A bit of testing on the Jefferson trail.  3 mile double out and back route.  Started on just 4 ADHS pills and it was immediately evident that something was missing.  Did the first leg in 11:52 then popped 2 more pills and improved to an 11:51 for an overall time of 23:43 (7:54 pace) so I did beat the Mendoza line.  Needless to say, that's not a significant gain.  I did not fade but the power was out and a sub-8 pace required effort from the start.

  I am nearly certain that lack of B-6 is the culprit.  I wasn't sure if it was necessary as a stand alone but now I know it is.  I'm okay with that.  After an initial spike, the adrenals have calmed down as expected.  That is good news.  Day 11 off sugar.  I did cheat with 1 beer yesterday but that should not hurt at this point.  I may try again this evening but as it is, I've done enough to win.

PM- Energy definitely ticked up after taking B-6 but it must be taken with other B-vitamins.  Tacked on another Mile on Wisteria in 7:29 then added a hilly cool down.
Grade:C+/1 credit/distance=5.0

Weekly summary:
Win #4 on the year.  Still not outstanding but no relapse and that's what's most important.  I'm on pace for over 1500 miles on the year, which would be 200+ miles more than either of the last 2 years.  Despite the dismal record, I am better off than I was last year.
Distance=35.0/ GPA= 21.9/7=3.13
YTD: 640 miles.  4-16 with a 2.03 GPA

No comments: