Monday, June 26, 2017

Training 6/26-7/2

6/26- 5 miles on Lakeshore in a weak time of 41:30 (8:18 pace).  Kept it steady for the first 3 then slipped to the 8:40 range in the last 2.  I believe my adrenals have spiked and that's not a big surprise.  Mood was much improved today but that may be due to good weather for the first time in several days.  Need to increase the ADHS but if my recent history is any indication, that should calm down by the end of the week.
Grade:C-/1 credit/distance=5.0

6/27- Unplanned rest day.  Bad reaction to B6 last night, which was not a big surprise.  Woke up feeling lousy so I didn't even try.  This had better be the last such reaction for a long time.  Pitched that along with the ineffective Bee Pollen so at least my cabinet continues to clear out.  I will finish the SOD, Niacin and All in One but will not re-order any of them.  Ferritin re-test will done early next week.

PM- Forced myself to do a junk mile on Wisteria.  Sucked as expected.  Finished in 8:44.  Can I break the Mendoza line tomorrow?
Distance=1.0

6/28- Broke the Mendoza line.  3 miles in 23:24 (7:48 pace).  Tried to run without T M G but with MF and was awful early.  First 3 laps were 3:03 (9:09 pace) then popped the pill and improved to 2:30 (7:30 pace) BECAUSE OF 1 PILL!!!  Continued on at a steady pace just under 7:40 for the remainder of the run.
Grade:C plus/1 credit/distance- 3.0
REACTION:
The blood donation has NOT improved my methylation.  I'm worthless if I miss just 1 dose of a key pill.  I'm okay with that as long as it stays CONSISTENT!  On the plus side, it does not appear to have caused any negative side effects or complications.  Status quo is the worst case scenario for my final outcome

6/29- Tempo.  3 miles in 21:11 (7:04 pace) with splits of 6:57-7:06-7:08.  An above average time for the "new normal" but I have broken 21 on several occasions after the relapse.  Still cannot access that top gear.  Added a long cool.
Grade:B/2 credits/distance=4.0
Reaction:
The blood donation has not worked a sudden miracle but in truth, I wasn't expecting one.  It may take a few more weeks for the effects to fully kick in.  There are a couple of other pills out there that have a slim chance of being beneficial but I'm going to pass.  When I cross the finish line in New Mexico in late October, I will know the outcome.  I'm riding this current formula to the FINISH.  Ferritin re-test along with serum Iron will be done on Monday.  I'm leaning towards a 1 day trip to the coast.  I'll drive part way tomorrow night then stay as long as I want on Saturday.

6/30- Poor.  2 miles in 15:52 (7:56 pace) but had slipped to the 9 minute range at the end.  Added another mile cool at a glacial pace.  This feels like a sugar detox reaction.  I'll be better in a couple days but the adrenals will spike for about a week.  Going to the coast.
Grade:D/1 credit/distance=3.0

7/1- GREAT day on the coast.  Ended up at Santa Rosa Beach, FLA between Destin and Panama City.  Stopped at Florala State Park just across the Alabama line for approximately 3 miles around the lake on the way back.  I don't know the exact distance because of poor satellite reception.  Similar to yesterday, I felt decent for the first 15 minutes then faded noticeable at the end.
Grade:C/1 credit/distance=3.0

7/2- The last 2 days, I felt decent early then faded.  Today, I was awful from the start and knew it before the run.  Just did 1 mile on Wisteria to hit a round number on the week.  I won't even try if I don't feel better tomorrow.  This does NOT feel like a detox.  This may be a complication from the blood donation.  I thought I was safe after 7 days but apparently NOT.  Lab test is tomorrow and I predict a low serum Iron coupled with a moderately high Ferritin.  I'll probably have to wait until Wednesday for the results.  Even after a long day yesterday, there is NO WAY that I should be THIS BAD.
Grade:F/1 credit/distance=1.0

Weekly summary:
Not looking good
Distance=20.0/ GPA= 1.86
YTD: 762 miles.  5-19 with a 2.10 GPA

No comments: